Removing deficient leaves

Johnny5thesim

Hi!

This one plant has had some major issues with calcium once flowering started. Long story short, I feel I have the deficiency under control now.

Would it be a good idea to remove the terrible looking ones? I can’t imagine they are helping anything. But I only added the cal mag plus to my feeds 3 days ago. So I’m not sure if the plant is done cannabilizing them!

Attachments

• 2606635F-2A6C-4AAC-A218-C92009070EB2.jpeg
    2606635F-2A6C-4AAC-A218-C92009070EB2.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 121
If you're pretty sure she's done eatin' off of them,you could safely remove them.

That is a beautiful plant,btw,and the fall colors make her look even better. From here,anyway.

Dead leaves rot remove the ones badly effected.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’m just concerned the deficiency will eat other leafs if the calcium hasn’t been properly up-taken yet. Apparently cal mag plus is instant uptake. So I’d assume that means my plant has instant access to it. But I thought calcium was a slow moving immobile nutrient. So I’d imagine it may take time to reach where it needs to go to stop my deficiency!

If you're pretty sure she's done eatin' off of them,you could safely remove them.

That is a beautiful plant,btw,and the fall colors make her look even better. From here,anyway.

Thanks! This one was has been a battle to get under control. I think I’m finally on the right track with it. Aside from the crazy deficiency colours, it’s flowering quite well and is bulking up nicely.

as long as you are sure you have solved the deficiency... but if you have not and remove the partially cannibalized leaves, the problem will just reoccur on new leaves after that. These leaves remain as your canaries in the gold mine, to let you know that the problem is gone and is staying gone. Also, removing so many leaves, even half productive ones, causes undue stress to the flowering plant. If she wanted them gone, they would be gone. The only person they are offending, is you. I vote for leaving the leaves to leaf, on the plant.

as long as you are sure you have solved the deficiency... but if you have not and remove the partially cannibalized leaves, the problem will just reoccur on new leaves after that. These leaves remain as your canaries in the gold mine, to let you know that the problem is gone and is staying gone. Also, removing so many leaves, even half productive ones, causes undue stress to the flowering plant. If she wanted them gone, they would be gone. The only person they are offending, is you. I vote for leaving the leaves to leaf, on the plant.

I’m definitely not sure, just confident that’s it’s dealt with. As I tried all the other possible fixes I could see. And it’s progression does appear to have stopped. I guess there is no rush in removing them so quickly. To remove them, I’d have to cut. As they are holding on so well! So the plant doesn’t seem done with them.

Back
Top Bottom