Repotting v planting in one big pot?

BradleyPittson

420 Member
I have 6x3l fabric pots to plant my sprouted seeds into. Then I have my 6 16.5l fabric pots to replant them into once they have 3-4 branches.

This was on the advice of the store owner.

My question is what are the risks of simply planting in my big fabric pots from the start? Won't it enable them to get a stronger tap root and grow to be big and strong?

I've done this with veggies to great affect.

are they autos or photo period?
i think the consensus with photoperiods is to start small and uppot generally, autos is growers choice, some claim starting in the end pot is better due to no transplant stress, others say if done carefully its fine.

im on my firsr grow,
i started 2 autos and 3 photos in 10l pots
the autos will finish in those pots, the photos i think i will uppot before flip, but from what i can tell they have been fine starting in 10l pots also.
the root mass didnt take long to start popping througg the sides.

i have little experience in general, but this is my little experience gained lol hth

I have done two grows with four plants each equaling eight plants total. Once the seeds germinated I put them in 5 gallon buckets and let them grow all the way through to harvest. I'm trying to make my life easier and less messy inside my house. I was happy with my final Harvest.

I have done two grows with four plants each equaling eight plants total. Once the seeds germinated I put them in 5 gallon buckets and let them grow all the way through to harvest. I'm trying to make my life easier and less messy inside my house. I was happy with my final Harvest.
You ever thought of transplanting into bigger potts just to see if there is any noticeable difference? How were your yields?

You ever thought of transplanting into bigger potts just to see if there is any noticeable difference? How were your yields?
I think I got 13 Oz on my first grow. My second grow was a little less because I had family problems which took my attention away from the girls. I'm going to start my third grow in about 2 or 3 weeks and I'll have my LED light doubled from here on out. I will probably do the transplanting at sometime but I like the KISS attitude. Keep it simple stupid. I see people on this forum trying all kinds of crazy ass s*** which is difficult for me to understand the process sometimes. I would rather end up with a nice normal return on my investment after 4 months then work my ass off and kill four plants and end up with nothing. Actually less than nothing because electricity and nutrients cost money.

Back
Top Bottom