Resounding "NO" from scared Doctor

timireferseed

I just got off the phone with my clinic physician,he will not be writing o.k.'s for medical Cannabis. As a matter of fact the only health care clinic in our area said they will NOT be issuing any referalls for Cannabis! Not that I dont qualify,but rather the Cinic staff is scarred shitless that the feds are gonna bust thier ass!!! What in the hell is going on? Here we have our new law and no doctors in my area with enough BALLS to do the right thing. Par for the course. How insane does it sound? A law been passed here and every doctor is scarred shitless to write a referall. It is only Cannabis people,I did ask if Oxycontin could still be used he said "Yes we can write a script for that" I for one am pissed off! I fought hard and long and was subjected to underhanded action by the cops,:bong: state, local and county. Hey health proffesionals, "stick the Oxycontin up your ass",I will self medicate with {Cannabis} without your permission! you gotta problem with that you can kiss my Bong!:ganjamon:

Re: Resounding "NO" from scarred Doctor

Any of you west coasters got experiance with "scarred doctors"? if so leave a post to help me understand what the big deal on getting a referall is. Thanx:bong:

When I got my card in CA, I checked with a couple dispensaries and found one that had a doc come in once a week to issue scripts. Hayward was one of them. You can check with Oakland and they can give a list of "friendly" docs in the area. Some will advertise, some you can find 'word of mouth". Look in local "underground" publications.

I was "fired" from my doctor of 20+ years when I asked him about mmj, instead of pharmaceuticals. He told me if that was the route I wished to pursue he could no longer be my family practitioner. This is the same man who countless times gave me UA's on my request to make sure I was clean of thc for job interviews, and also who looked in my brothers nose because of a sinus infection only to find the meth he had just snorted in the parking lot; and kept seeing us as patients. His explanation was mmj wasn't going to last and he didn't want anything to do with breaking the law. A little side note, by bro has been clean for 10 years and served two tours so far in the war (dont agree with the war but proud of him still).:peace::bong:

Also I did a speech at my college about mmj, one of the things I found out while researching was that the Surgeon General had a letter sent through the mailing list of the Amer. Med. Assoc. to doctors, insisting they don't discuss mmj with their patients as they could be federally prosecuted on drug charges.

Screwed up system huh?

Also I did a speech at my college about mmj, one of the things I found out while researching was that the Surgeon General had a letter sent through the mailing list of the Amer. Med. Assoc. to doctors, insisting they don't discuss mmj with their patients as they could be federally prosecuted on drug charges.

Screwed up system huh?
:smokin:Ya I guess I shold have known it was not going to be easy.But I wanted to test the waters here in my predominate Rebublican town.There are many employed in the health proffesion around here and I know by results that some of them have voted in favor of prop-1. Guess I will have to buck-up and send my cash 300 miles away[with med. records] to get my permission slip to use and cultivate without persicution? seems to me if ya get a card theres gonna be a data base of patients who can be exploited by the feds. President Obama promised to stop this action,I pray to my GOD that he does.Soniq a HUGE salute and AIRBORNE to your bro.:ganjamon: Thanx to all that added to my post.

Doctors will be skeptical at first. Soon more will follow THCF. Untill then, There is a THCF clinic in Southfield MI. They can and will help you. I would recomend going there in seeing all you need from your origional doc is his chart notes. You dont have to discuss mmj with your normal doc going through them ;).Michigan Clinic-
2000 Town Center #1900
Southfield, Michigan 48075
MI (248)351-1746
Fax(503)235-0120

I too live in MI,and figured with all my medical problems it would be a breeze to get a card here. If anyone does find a compassionate doc in the area please share.
You dont have to discuss mmj with your normal doc going to the THCF. All you need is his recent chart notes for them to approve you. I recomend going this route untill more doc,s & clinics follow suite.-Michigan Clinic
2000 Town Center #1900
Southfield, Michigan 48075
MI (248)351-1746
Fax(503)235-0120

Many mainstream doctors will not write recs for mmj, even in CA. It's the same situation everywhere... Doctors don't want to jeapordize their careers, the majority are followers and not leaders. Some are still dealing with the social stigma that is so prevelent. Instead of standing up for patients, they choose to follow the rest of the flock. That's why places like 420magazine are designed to create cannabis awareness.

The doctors get perks to "consider using their brand". And some of those perks are very generous. The pharm companies can afford it, and the doctors can't afford not to.

Michigan has just passed their law, and it will take some time to work out all the details. Check out the clinic above. Even if they can't help you, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

I only recently approached my doctor about cannabis and treating epilepsy. At first I got a lost-looking smile and a quick jot in my records (and me worrying about how this would affect my insurance with a wave of his pen). I mentioned it again. He said that it was not a bad idea, and if I was willing I should give it a try. Well you betcha I was certainly willing to go home and twist up a nice fattie out of my stash.

So that's a small step forward. But he still wouldn't write me the rec himself.

Peace:rollit:

Doctor's dont want to write mmj scrips because the drug companies will cut them off. The drug company's are powerful and are getting no $$$$$ if the doc writes a mmj scrip. Eventually some newer doctors who are not afraid of the drug companies will begin writing scrips. Look up at how much the drug companies spent in each state to fight mmj - its astounding.

i think here in cali that doctors are protected under sb420, ??

i have spoken to my doctor several times about getting a recommendation for MM. He is not against it at all and hopes that in the near future his office will be recommending MM to patients. He's reason to me was that when he spoke tohis lawyer this is how he esplained it to me.. if i got in a car and killed someone while on methadone the Doctor has to show cause for the reason of being on methadone.. and the same goes for the MM except from what i could understand is that there may be a new set of reprocussions to the Doctors who right recommendation for patients. different reprocussions then using prescription medications..

Surgeon General had a letter sent through the mailing list of the Amer. Med. Assoc. to doctors, insisting they don't discuss mmj with their patients as they could be federally prosecuted on drug charges.

Im not sure which surgeon general wrote that but he has a few screws looose in his head.i know here in Mich Doctors ARE protected BY the Medical Marijuana Act..
Maybe those who operate the surgeon general should puff puff pass a few times...

T heres a marijuana clinic that will sighn your physician certification as long as u have seen a doctor about 1 of the ailments,etc listed on the form in the last 3 years.I had No problem receiving my card and have 2 drug offenses from years ago.Its in Jackson,Mi.GOOD LUCK

I'd just find a doctor that had a separate office that issues MMJ IDs or something. Here in Cali, there are regular docs that have separate offices opened a few days a week or even just on weekends that hold appts just for patients wanting cannabis recs.

Anyway, GL to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom