Rinight 10 Critical, Week 7

Rinight10

420 Member
Pot size- 16L
Medium- 90% soil 10% perlite
Light- MARS 300W LED
Nutrients- Biobizz grow
Strain- Critical by RQS 60% Indica, 40% Sativa

Hi guys! I was away for a few days but the LST seemed to work great. Repotted to a 16L a couple days ago which she seems to love already. When LSTing a lower, thicker branch it snapped most of the way through but it seems to have healed fine with some electrical tape. I'm planning to switch to flower in about 3 weeks so what should I do before then?! I topped the top two growth tips yesterday and everything's still tied down. I took almost 40 leaves off over about 3 days and I'm worried I overdid it but she doesn't look too stressed. I just wanna know what to do to prepare for the switch to flower and if it's tall enough yet and whether I keep it LST'd or not as I'm totally new to this. I'm thinking of trying out Schwazzing as it seems pretty effective buy I'm not too sure hahah. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 50
They look good so far, Rinight! As far as training goes from this point on, just tie down anything that is getting too much taller than the rest of the canopy. Just try to keep the canopy even leading up to flipping to 12/12. Defoliation looks good as well. Now I would only remove a fan that was blocking light from a top budsite. Once you flip to flower, don’t defoliate until they are done stretching if possible. Let the plant focus it’s energy on the stretch at that time. They usually stretch for about 3 weeks into flower. Some go a bit longer though.

Welcome to 420!

Ok thankyou! That's really helpful. Should I keep it tied once I flip to flower or untie it at some point? Also I'm new to making grow journals so do I make a new post each time or just add to the old one?

Some people keep a running update list in the first post which is pretty organized/clever but otherwise continue adding new posts to their thread. I personally like my journal to be a continuing discussion space where some HIGHly intelligent minds can meet. :p

As far as keeping them tied down during flower....often once the branches harden some, no restraints are needed. I tend to leave mine on but I often find that when I do remove them there is no real pressure on them. Lol. You want some space between your buds when they start to bulk up. Good airflow will help keep them happy. So if they seem like they are too close to each other just train them to wherever you want them. In the end I usually have garden stakes holding branches where I want them and sometimes even tying a branch to another branch. Here are a couple pics of my G13 Haze. You can see all the hardware at the bottom and you can see how this training style makes the canopy look as well. This is the quadline method of training. If you enjoy the training part of growing then maybe try this style in a future grow. There are quite a few growers here that use it and are more than willing to help along the way. Let me see if I can find some good pics......these are the ones I took for the plant of the month contest. She was a photogenic gal!

Ah wow thanks man, that's really helpful. Is quadlining the same as mainlining or some sort of variation? I'll try it on my next grow, gonna grow a dance world CBD strain next.

Those look great!
Thanks!

Also, I just went a bit crazy and chopped off all the growth tips on the lower branches on one side. Is this a good idea to help focus the energy on the big bud sites or shall I leave the other side alone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 37
I tend to leave them if they are close to the canopy. You can look at your main branches.....there will be shoots that come from the sides and some that come from the top and bottom. You can probably remove the ones that shoot out of the bottom. Those often never make it to the canopy. Anything that is up top though should probably be left. It should make a good cola for you.

What are you using to train them with?

Hi! I'm training with some thin plant wire and it seems to be working fine. She's been vegging for two months and a day now and I was planning on flipping to flower in two weeks. Now, I'm thinking I may switch earlier as she's looking pretty well structured and healthy and I'm not looking for huge yields. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 37
As far as keeping them tied down during flower....often once the branches harden some, no restraints are needed. I tend to leave mine on but I often find that when I do remove them there is no real pressure on them. Lol. You want some space between your buds when they start to bulk up. Good airflow will help keep them happy. So if they seem like they are too close to each other just train them to wherever you want them. In the end I usually have garden stakes holding branches where I want them and sometimes even tying a branch to another branch. Here are a couple pics of my G13 Haze. You can see all the hardware at the bottom and you can see how this training style makes the canopy look as well. This is the quadline method of training. If you enjoy the training part of growing then maybe try this style in a future grow. There are quite a few growers here that use it and are more than willing to help along the way. Let me see if I can find some good pics......these are the ones I took for the plant of the month contest. She was a photogenic gal!

Nice buds I bet they make your whole neighborhood smell lol

Your plants look beautiful and have filled back in so nicely, @Rinight10
I'd say if you wanna put 'em over to flower now then go for it, but waiting a couple more weeks might allow more than just the canopy to fill out. A big contributor is going to be your root development. You may have mentioned this earlier but what size pots are they in?

thanks man. Yeh I'll probably just leave it another two weeks or so. I'm using a 16L and switched a couple of weeks ago so it probably is a good idea to leave the roots to grow a bit more. Also, I'm using biobizz grow at the moment, should I switch to the bloom nutrients as soon as I switch or wait until they've stopped stretching?

I’d suggest keeping an eye on the spots the wire rests, just to make sure it isn’t cutting into the plant material. I might would let them veg a bit longer to get more vertical before flipping. They look nice and healthy! Great job so far!

I'm using a 16L and switched a couple of weeks ago so it probably is a good idea to leave the roots to grow a bit more.
Oh nice, good call. If you recently transplanted I'd definitely give them some time to adjust to their new home.
Also, I'm using biobizz grow at the moment, should I switch to the bloom nutrients as soon as I switch or wait until they've stopped stretching?
I haven't used biobizz but generally a gradual change over the course of your normal feeding schedule will help the plant adjust to the change in the soils composition. So I would probably switch nutes gradually to a flower/bloom over 2 weeks.

Some of the 'chunkier' organic ferts tend to hang around longer before breaking down so in that case I might switch over 1 week since the residual is less likely to get flushed by the new nutes.

Either way I'd personally give a gradual change with the nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom