Ripped off paranoid and broke

CalVet420

Does anyone have any suggestions to a cheap fence that looks respectable and will keep people out?

I had someone come steal one of my plants while I was at work. Now my dog is a deck dog pretty much full time, but he's only as intimidating as a jack Russell can be.

I have 40-60ft to fence split by the house.

Or any other suggestions, moving inside right now is out, as well as to another location. I have only one plant left to protect, but I can't stay home from work every day.

Does anyone have any suggestions to a cheap fence that looks respectable and will keep people out?

I had someone come steal one of my plants while I was at work. Now my dog is a deck dog pretty much full time, but he's only as intimidating as a jack Russell can be.

I have 40-60ft to fence split by the house.

Or any other suggestions, moving inside right now is out, as well as to another location. I have only one plant left to protect, but I can't stay home from work every day.

Go to the Animal shelter a adopt a big ass dog. Chain it to the plant. LOL

I have A Jack also.

Garden planning can be a major issue. Even in a backyard garden, it's often helpfull to put lots of green things in the area. Some of the green things you may want to use can even help with pest prevention. I think Marigolds fend of some bugs... you get the idea.
I always have my babies against a green background (vines all over my fence) and have lots of other things growing all around them. People "see" my plants all the time without anyone noticing the grow.

Urban Camouflage is your friend. If nobody notices it, nobody will know to come steal it.

Cheers

Outdoor grows are risky for a number of reasons. You are at the mercy of animals, insects, neighbours, friends and thieves... Not sure of your surroundings but you may need to get a little more stealthy...plant a bunch of tall plants all around your mj and LST the hell out of them so they hug the ground...

AND do as Dirtfarmer suggested!

You're kind of screwed now. Someone knows about them so they'll probably be back.

My thoughts exactly. And they may also blab about it to other less respectable characters like themselves.

No fence is going to keep them out now. Move the plants, and put a hidden camera/s looking down at the area where they once were. You'll catch the jerk. :peace:

I agree with Weed,Like he said they'll be back. How big is ur plant and also put strips of nails down on the inside of ur fence so when they jump over their jumping onto nails and they'll be fucked...lol. Just a thought to keep out thieves. tead is right, plant lots of green like tomatoes, corn, bushes, and just random big plants. Good luck !!!

I know some one who's car kept getting broke into..He had a really nice loud set up...Any ways, he got tired of getting robbed so he placed razor blades on the speaker boxes..next time that person tried it... Cut the F*&$% out of his hands and left the system...lol

I think he learned his lesson...

Boobie trap that beotch like on Goonies

Just make sure Jack is safe

You're kind of screwed now. Someone knows about them so they'll probably be back.

I'm pretty sure you're right on this. That's the paranoia. Unfortunately I don't have another place for her right now. Maybe my friend will let me place her in their outdoor garden.

Snare traps and things, I can make. Too bad the shit I come up with is lethal. After all, as amazing as she is, MJ is still just a plant and no one needs to die over it. I am working on a non lethal pepper spray snare right.

Thanks for the input on all of this. This was an non planed outdoor "deck" grow. I got broke and my lights stopped working so outside they went.

If you think you know where they're crossing the fence string a bunch of clear fishing line where they cross. If nothing else they'll start making a lot of noise and get spooked and leave.
But big dogs work nice too. I've got a 180 lb black lab, doberman mix that keeps strangers away. He's really a big baby but he's so big he scares the shit out of people. My other dog is half coyote. She's the one you have to watch out for. She's quiet and sneaky and loves to kill things.lol

Home Depot has some 16' rolls of 6' tall reed fencing. Won't keep your plant secure, but makes a great visual barrier. Not safe now that a ripper knows where you are and what you have, but it'll keep others from seeing.....:peace:

Well the cameras are on there way.when or if they come back, I'll have proof of who it is. The plant they took was small and very hairy. What they don't know is that it's only so hairy because it started as a flowering clone, and never fully reverted back to veg. My loss was gonna be about 2 ounces at most. I think they took that one also because it was small and easy to get off with.

I'm a little more calm about the situation and the threat doesn't seem life threatening. I still need to figure out a fence. Then I'll be getting that Big Ass Dog.

I have one plant, when she's done or gone I'm starting indoors. The deck was an emergency because my lights broke.

A Big Assed Dog ???? Untrained and guarding while you aren't there?

I seriously hope that there aren't any kids in the the area.

You may be looking at more trouble than a plant is worth..

A Big Assed Dog ???? Untrained and guarding while you aren't there?

I seriously hope that there aren't any kids in the the area.

You may be looking at more trouble than a plant is worth..

no one said untrained, but yes on gaurd. It comes down to protecting more than my plants. if people come on my deck when my family is home it becomes a personal safety issue. The Dog keeps people from ever wondering over the fence.

Claymores and bouncing betties. haha JK, but they're most likly gonna be back since they know more is there. Get one of them Deer hunter cameras that are motioned sensored with a flash, they're camo and weather proof, least you'll know who it was.

Home Depot and get some carpet tack strips. The long wooden strips used to hold carpeting in place. The are covered with hundreds or tiny very sharp nails. Very easy to nail them to a fence. As soon as they try and climb over their hands and arms will have a bunck of puncture holes. Not leathal but is will cause some skin loss.

Back
Top Bottom