Motion Sensors, Rippers, False Alarms, Dogs, Wind, How To?

Motion Sensors, Rippers, False Alarms, Dogs, Wind, How To?

Been having huge problems with my motion sensors with my dog and wind. If I place them high up my dogs will set them off. Spent hours and hours trying to get them just right with no luck. So I moved then right to my plants about head high to avoid the dogs. Well it did not pick up my dogs but the plants blowing in the wind did. So my fix was to take this box and mount the sensor inside. This box will block out all the stems blowing in front of the sensor. It also let my dogs walk under it with zero problems. So for the last few days I have had zero false alarms and I like that. The sensor is pointed and the base of some heavy arborvida bushes that do not move much. I can tap the box pretty hard and not set it off. So it can blow around in the wind some. I put the black tape over the red flashing light. The sensor model I have only beeps once when set off. 30 sec. later the alarm goes off. During the 30 sec. a red light flashes. I did not like that so I taped it up.

I bet your wondering about the camera? That is just a old broken camera set there to trip the ripper out. Or if by chance the ripper knows me he will be thinking real hard what that shit was. I have a USB cable hooked to the camera and tied to the a stake inside my plants. My thinking is the ripper will hear the beep and stop in his tracks if not already running. If he reaches into the box he will grab the camera and see the is a cord to it. If he tries to rip the sensor out of the box he will rock the shit out a cow bell tied to the back of the box. My Jack Russel will hear that every time. By the time all this happens the 30 sec. is up and the alrams sounds.

This just a prototype to how it works. So far it has been 3 days with zero false alarms.

Whats funny is with this set up you would walk around the corner and the rippers face would rght smack in front of the box. I know it would trip me out if I was a ripper. I have to have mine up high like this for I have dogs. If I had no dogs they would be lower and harder to see.

I was planing on adding a large peace of plywood if the arborvidas sent the sensor off while blowing in the wind. With plywood I would think you would have 100% false alarm set up until a moth came along.

I was even thinking about adding some screen over the front if I make this box out of wood. it would keep the ripper from easy grabing and he would set the cow bell off for sure. I have 3 f these in my plants and no problems so far. With 4 dogs thats pretty goood. Also past a 30 mph wind test today.

Just wanted to pass on what I learned. Stay one step ahead of the rippers. I can no sleep better in my tent with no false alarms.

SL738619.JPG

SL738623.JPG

Back
Top Bottom