Robber Sticks Up Pot Shop, Leaves Weed Behind

Weedpipe

420 Member
COLORADO - A man attempted to rob a Denver medical marijuana dispensary about 12:58 p.m. today, according to Denver police.

Sonny Jackson, police department spokesman, said the man walked into the dispensary at 4101 E. Wesley Ave., and started looking at various products.

After picking up some products, he approached the manager and pulled a gun and indicated he was going to take the merchandise without paying, said Jackson.

However, he left the premises without the merchandise and fled in a car with a Colorado license plate of 873-OWC.

The suspect is described as being in his mid-to-late 20s, 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds.

Jackson said people inside the dispensary believe they know the suspect.

-------------------------

big 420 shout-out to Mile Hi Dave for this 1 ... :peace:

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Denver Post
Author: Howard Pankratz
Copyright: 2010 The Denver Post
Website:Robber sticks up pot shop, leaves weed behind - The Denver Post

damn shame. it's been happening alot more and more here. just one of many stupid reasons they're trying to bring hardcore regulations to our dispensaries in the mile high.

Sounds like that dispensary in particular was not going a good job checking people in. At both dispensaries I go to in my area are very strict with entrance. Before you can buy medicine from them you need to "sign up" with them first. The door is locked and you need to present ID and your doctors recommendation to get in. If they were doing things correctly they would have him on a patient list and would have seen his ID that day.

I'm not trying to come down on the dispensary for what some idiot did but, these things can be prevented to an extent. I really does give the co-op's a bad name when these things make the headlines.

Frankly, taxi cab drivers and gas station attendants have the highest robbery rate of any profession. :) I've yet to hear anyone make a statement that they don't want a gas station or taxi's in their neighborhood because it increases crime.

But yes.. A proper man-trap/screening area would be a perfectly acceptable way to handle people coming in who aren't supposed to be there.

LAPD police chief recently stated that "there are more calls of bank robberies than calls of dispensaries being robbed in the city of Los Angeles. I have lived by dispensaries for years, and I always thought opponents of MMJ were full of it when they stated that a dispensary will cause an increase in crime.

LAPD police chief recently stated that "there are more calls of bank robberies than calls of dispensaries being robbed in the city of Los Angeles. I have lived by dispensaries for years, and I always thought opponents of MMJ were full of it when they stated that a dispensary will cause an increase in crime.

What an awesome statement. I wonder if he's in LEAP

Another update...also sent to WeedPipe...hopefully he'll post it too. It's now being reported that the cops, in their efforts to scare the citizenry are responsible for the false reporting. Again folks...I am sorry about this!

UPDATE READY FOR THE BOARD

no big deal man, no way you could have known this was B.S.
but i was right when i told you there was something weird goin on with this story ... :grinjoint:

This is obviously not a problem specific to medical marijuana, people can and will steal anything that is of value. Those who are against medical marijuana may attempt to paint a picture that clinics somehow cause crime, which to the reasonable thinking individual they clearly do not.

Clinics do not cause armed robberies anymore then banks cause armed bank robberies.

----------------------
Furthermore, per Colorado state law, the use of deadly force by the employee against the thief would have been legally justified so long as he reasonably believed he was threatened with death or serious bodily injury.

18-1-704 Use of physical force in defense of a person...(b) The other person is using or reasonably appears about to use physical force against an occupant of a dwelling or business establishment while committing or attempting to commit burglary as defined in sections 18-4-202 to 18-4-204

I suppose the thief was just lucky the clinic employees weren't armed and willing to defend themselves. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. :peace:

I wonder if the hand in hand bit has anything to do with the local news programs hurting from lower viewership's. I know when I am watching the local news and hear them only give one side of the story Like when the City Attorney and DA where spouting about High crime and it is illegal for cash sales here in LA without rebuttals or proof. I stop watching LA TV News. San Diego news I stop after the 9-9-09 raids. Where Bonnie D.A.' Mantis was cast like she was Queen of the courts who could do no wrong. Where life's were being destroyed... By her actions. No mainstream news agency had the insight to show the damage that it caused or aftermath. What happen to the San Diego assistant DA that had multiple pipes shop closes only to say it was mistake. I look to the internet for most of my news now until local news shows me the whole picture... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom