Rockwool and seeds help needed

Enlightenedx

Hey everyone! I'm germinating 2 serious seeds chronic right now in rockwool, and one of the tap roots is growing out of the rockwool. I started in a cup of water until they cracked. I know that seeds often ( or are supposed to) curl and turn down naturally, but I feel like the growth has stopped. I ph'ed my rockwool and I'm keeping the temps at about 73 F. Should I leave it alone, or attempt to carefully get the seed out and replant it. If anyone needs more information, let me know. Thanks in advance!

photo547.JPG

you cant tell, but the tip is not drying out and isn't burnt looking or withering. Right now I have both cubes in a plastic container with the lid on, acting as a humidi-dome, and just have them sitting in there with no water on the bottom under a towel to keep the light out. Before I noticed it popping out, I had the cubes under a cfl to keep things warm. maybe the root "liked" the light. I'm thinking of putting them back under the light.

I cant really tell if the tip is wherr itll leaf at or if it rooted upside down. I know whe. I used rockwool to germinate my seeds one of the plants did jus that and when I pulled it out and switched it around it was too late but idk if thats the case with this

yeah, It's def. not the grow tip. Ill see if I can get it out without touching it too much and if not,I guess I'll let it ride. I just dont want to damage the fine little microscopic hair-roots. hopefully this leads to my first grow in like three years

thats a big cube start with the seed starter ones and you shouldn't have the same problem

Back
Top Bottom