Root aphids treatment with Neem oil, in coco perlite

LIAB

I noticed root aphids 3 days ago and started Neem oil soil drench . I have done this every day for 3 days now. I mix the neem with their dayly feeding . I'm in coco and perlite mix. I still see a few aphids on 3 of my plants. How long can I continue this treatment without causing harm to my plants

You can use Neem up to when your plant starts flowering. I don't grow in coco but if there's any more help needed, @Bill284 grows in coco so maybe he can help, too.

You can use Neem up to when your plant starts flowering. I don't grow in coco but if there's any more help needed, @Bill284 grows in coco so maybe he can help, too.
Thanks @HashGirl hope your having a good day my friend.
Hey @LIAB :ciao: sorry about your issues.
Make sure you have a good fan blowing across the top of your pots.
Keeps them away.
Sticky traps help also.
Neem oil is antibacterial and beneficial to the root zone.
But it is absorbed by the roots and transferred leaves.
Thus becoming a pest deterrent, but also leaving residue. :rolleyes:
I personally won't use it in flower, coco or soil.
But I've read up to the first couple weeks of flower ok.
It's a great preventative measure aswell.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks for advice . I swapped and used h2o2 today but tomorrow I'll go back to Neem oil.
I got another question if you don't mind. I've been using mostly Neem oil made of leaves extract because the price is reasonable and can buy in 500 ml quantity. What's your opinion about Neem oil made that way instead of from seeds?

Thanks for advice . I swapped and used h2o2 today but tomorrow I'll go back to Neem oil.
I got another question if you don't mind. I've been using mostly Neem oil made of leaves extract because the price is reasonable and can buy in 500 ml quantity. What's your opinion about Neem oil made that way instead of from seeds?
No problems on the questions my friend.
We are here to help when we can.
Neem oil from the seeds is a higher concentration, thus a higher cost.
But same substance, same properties.
Just weaker.
Same as your h202.
You can get a concentrated bottle 25% instead of 10% just costs more.
All you do is put less water in when you mix it.
So you don't get the same volume.
But the same concentration % in the mix.
So theoretically it's cheaper but it makes less volume in the end.
Did that make sense?
Happy growing. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks. I was worried that it wouldn't be effective. Hey I've got so many questions. Next one is in your opinion sould I attempt to feed microbes with molasses while I'm still treating with Neem oil . I really love this 420magazine. I've never got any useful info from Facebook groups I'm in . Tia

Thanks. I was worried that it wouldn't be effective. Hey I've got so many questions. Next one is in your opinion sould I attempt to feed microbes with molasses while I'm still treating with Neem oil . I really love this 420magazine. I've never got any useful info from Facebook groups I'm in . Tia
Good morning @LIAB Hope everything is going good today.
Fire away with the questions. :thumb:
Molasses tea is used to feed microbes.
I use bokashi and Insect frass to fill my pots with fungi and microbes.
Then Molasses to keep them multiplying.
I'd try and finish up neem then add your recharge/Molasses.

Stay safe
Bill

Ok thanks Bill. I really appreciate your help! I fed with molasses yesterday but today I went back to treating with Neem oil. I'm thinking I'm not being aggressive enough with Neem. Because I'm still seeing root aphids I've treated 5 times already what do you think? Will I be able to kill them all or only control the population? I also caught septoria about the same time this is a big problem here in my area. I had to put my plants outside because I lost electricity for a whole week. I couldn't just leave them in the dark, but now I'm paying a high price for my decision to put them outside Im just keeping them on 12 hr lights a day since they looked to be adjusting to flower even though I wasn't finished vegging them yet. So already going to have a very small harvest if at all. I just started growing here in Philippines and I've never had to deal with this stuff before back in my home state of Maine it was much easier. I don't want to remove all the affected leaves because there wouldn't be much left. So today I sprayed with water at 8.25 pH by adding baking soda. I'm hoping it would kill off some of the septoria. I also have some fugitox powder and serenade available. I would like to here what you think I could do about septoria as well. Thanks amigo!

Ok thanks Bill. I really appreciate your help! I fed with molasses yesterday but today I went back to treating with Neem oil. I'm thinking I'm not being aggressive enough with Neem. Because I'm still seeing root aphids I've treated 5 times already what do you think? Will I be able to kill them all or only control the population? I also caught septoria about the same time this is a big problem here in my area. I had to put my plants outside because I lost electricity for a whole week. I couldn't just leave them in the dark, but now I'm paying a high price for my decision to put them outside Im just keeping them on 12 hr lights a day since they looked to be adjusting to flower even though I wasn't finished vegging them yet. So already going to have a very small harvest if at all. I just started growing here in Philippines and I've never had to deal with this stuff before back in my home state of Maine it was much easier. I don't want to remove all the affected leaves because there wouldn't be much left. So today I sprayed with water at 8.25 pH by adding baking soda. I'm hoping it would kill off some of the septoria. I also have some fugitox powder and serenade available. I would like to here what you think I could do about septoria as well. Thanks amigo!
Dam that's a tough one.
Sorry about that fek.
So a fungicide is usually able to knock it out.
But you have ro remove infected parts.
Leaving next to nothing?
So that's a tough call.
Can you get a fungicide, copper based works well.
It sounds like the neem oil isn't getting rid of them.
I don't know what you have access too there.
We have sponsors here like Eco Works that make bug killers.
Do you have access?
Or SNS pesticides?

Stay safe
Bill

I've decided to put all but one into veg. The other 1 is too far along so when it gets dark I will take it out of the tent. I've removed nearly all infected leaves left a few slightly infected because the vegitation is sparse now I'll remove them later going to spray with serenade a biological fungicide. Then next in couple days I'll spray with fugitox next day water 8.25 pH . To clean off a bit. Both are affective septoria fugitox is systemic. As far as root aphids I haven't decided on a treatment yet what they sell here to treat them effectively is poisonous to humans, but is used on edibles not systemic. I need to research more methomly.. lannate insecticide. Do you know any thing about this product ?

I've decided to put all but one into veg. The other 1 is too far along so when it gets dark I will take it out of the tent. I've removed nearly all infected leaves left a few slightly infected because the vegitation is sparse now I'll remove them later going to spray with serenade a biological fungicide. Then next in couple days I'll spray with fugitox next day water 8.25 pH . To clean off a bit. Both are affective septoria fugitox is systemic. As far as root aphids I haven't decided on a treatment yet what they sell here to treat them effectively is poisonous to humans, but is used on edibles not systemic. I need to research more methomly.. lannate insecticide. Do you know any thing about this product ?
Unfortunately no my friend.
Just be careful please, don't use anything poisonous.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom