Samsung lm301b or lm301h?

HTCInABag

420 Member
Hi everyone, i've been a lurker for quite a while here and seeing more and more grower switching to LEDs!

I'm in the process of upgrading my old 250watt HPS grow light to a quantum board and was originally looking at the samsung lm301b diodes but while I was researching I learned that Samsung has the newer lm301h diode.

It seems like it makes sense to buy the lm301h diode because they have improved light spectrum and intensity.

As far as having the latest greatest diode it's pretty minor upgrades at this point. I have a tent with LM561cs and a tent with LM301bs from a plant growing stand point they are equal. On paper the 301bs are more efficient but both tents use 600w and yield the same amount.

Try and mix in some far red if you can. I go as low as 1750K and just pulled down 11 zip plant dried in the can in a 2x2 (150w for the 2x2) LED COB thats +2gms/watt.

This plant:

As already mentioned, the main advance of the diode is the anti-sulfur coating. Samsung says it has a PPE of over 3.0

We have the LM301H in our newest 250w kit. Measuring wise, it is putting out slightly higher PPFD values over the LM301B in similar models.

The LM301B diode is a proven winner. For instance, our red spec light has shown very nice results in flower.

IMG_20191103_170255_657.jpg

Back
Top Bottom