Sanitizing a cloner

BDBinLV

Hey all, question please, I have a power cloner that has developed problems, all the roots that were white have turned brown and the stems are rotting, I got a cutting from someone and after I put it in with the others is when the problems developed. I have changed the water and added hydroguard but everything is still dying. What should I use to clean the cloner and pump manifold ect.. to avoid this problem in the future?

You could use simple green then rinse it out. I have read about people using bleach but I think simple green works as well and doesn't hurt my lungs as bad. I would then rinse it very well with soap and water after and elbow grease.
On the brown stem, I would like to find out the answer. You should pm me if that helps your roots. My situation is there have been 2 failed attempts on the cloner since it was cleaned. 1 my friend didn't take care of the clones properly. The second i forgot to replug in the day after.
I think my main problem with cloning is getting the fresh air to the plants but also keeping humidity high. Lately I have been giving the plants fresh air twice a day and spray them heavily and the domes heavily with RO. I also have been leaving the air circulation holes open. This has highly helped with the success rate on the clones...

Just don't forget to clean up whatever you clean it with. Traces of cleaning product are lethal to clones even in very tiny amounts. Use at your own risk!

Back
Top Bottom