Sanitizing flower room

growingold

What is a good way to sanitize a flower room I started to harvest today and 1 plant decided to flip to a herme I couldnt believe it no bananas or any tell tale sign I was trimming a bud and in the center was a male flower I went thru the whole plant and found 2 more male flowers in the middle of buds . My question is will steam cleaning the room kill the pollen or should I use a atomizer with some vinegar ?????? any ideas would be of :help:thanks:

I have never had the issue, but I would always recommend that you should do a good spray down with Clorox Bleach!!! I use the spray but I don't put my plants back in until about 1 hour to 2 hours after a good air out!!!
I kick on the intake fan to high, and same with the exhaust!!!

:peacetwo:

Thanks for the input do you think steam would kill the pollen I am not a big fan of bleach but if its the best way so be it thanks again

All these companies make "green" products now which are a little more friendly if you want to call it that. I always inbetween grows or if i have an issue, empty the room and spray it down being that I have a drain or if your not that fortunate spray it all down and wipe it clean. Since i have a drain I will then spray down after i have cleaned to take away any residue or cleaning agents left behind. You could use straight water or a mild dawn dish soap mix also. Like Astoner said, fans on and lots of fresh air and make sure your dried up and you should be good to go. Pollen can be like pests, small and hide anywhere. If you use an actual steam cleaner i would think that the pollen will be in a sense de-activated from the actual heat of direct steam.

Back
Top Bottom