Sativa defoliation

dlchobbes

Hey all,
Been growing for a while and have been a fan of defoliation with indicas, but am a little nervous about doing the same with my new sativas. Anyone have success or failure with this?
Bassman59, you listening?

It shouldn't be any different, sativa or indica. If you're in veg still, you can defoliate at anytime as well as doing any training you might need to. When it comes to flower, I generally defoliate on day 21 and 42, and after that point just leave them to go. Any major defoliation I try to do a couple of days before they get flipped to flower at the latest.

Hope that helps.

I meant moresi swibg by and say Hi lol.

Defoliation is somewhat of personal preference. As I stated before the these seem to signify 1/3 through flower, 2/3 through flower and then Harvest. On an 8 week strain, that's 8 weeks flower and 1 week flush. That's 63 days......divide by 3 = 21. Hence my 21 day and my 42 day defoliation......hope that helps!

Topping, supercroping, lst, Sativas are tall by nature and need to b rained in by all means possible tie um down and defoliate so air gets to the middle of the plants my two cents

Back
Top Bottom