Saving my plants while I have major surgery

GramMeGrows

I have 4 female plants about 4 weeks into flower. They're very healthy and have lots of bud sites. I'm having major surgery next week and even if things go good my recovery will be long. I'm going to need my med more than ever but have no one to take care of them while I'm away. I'm at a loss and am thinking that my only option at this point is to trash them. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

You don't say how you are growing, which a decent answer really depends on. If in soil, I'd leave them. If it is hydro, that would be harder to deal with. I guess depends on how long you will be away from them. If not too long like a week or so, water them heavily before leaving and hope for the best. Try to pre-mix water and feed before you go and have it ready and easy.

I had back surgery this last year and was off work for 7 weeks and not allowed to lift more than 15 pounds until 3 months after. I run DWC and harvested three weeks after coming home and try to run perpetual.

A little of not so great meds is always better in my mind than no meds at all.

there is a automated hydro system out there for sale... auto balances PH, and keep PPM at a target level set by user... and has a float to top up the res...

if i remember correctly they only wanted a couple of $10 000 .

other than that... there is really not a single person you can ask?

i'd hate for those to get trashed...

Thanks Poet and Nibec for trying to help. :thanks: I only had a few days to figure this out and since 2 of the fems hermed on me before I left, I just heavily watered the 2 remaining plants, turned off the fan, and left the doors open for airflow. They did alot better than expected in the 12 days I was gone. Are now 7 1/2 weeks into flower and look great!! Now I have a new problem..but that's another thread.

If you get caught like that in the future...

Sounds like they were in soil, if so ..

Try the old fashioned drip method, it can be as simple as a couple pinholes in a gallon milk jug or a more complicated set up with tubes gravity driven.

Thanks Buck!! I love the milk jug idea! If I have to leave my plants for long again I'm going to try that! Plus rep to you and Poet and Nibec! Thanks for your time and replies guys!

Back
Top Bottom