SB 2213 passes House Public Safety and Health Committees

RoguePoet

Just wanted to up date you on the action in Honolulu...

SB 2213 SD 2 passed the House Public Safety Committee...9 voted yes, of which 5 were with "reservations" (which is not great), and only 1 no. And it passed the House Health Committee 5 to 1, with 3 excused.

The bill was amended to SB 2213 SD 2 HB 1 (compassion centers must be more than 50 miles apart, and more than 2 miles away from school, reduces the $30 tax to $15, and a few other changes) and is being passed to the Judiciary !

Testimony was overwhelming in support. You can read it here...

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio..._03-11-10_.pdf

and here

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...1-10_LATE_.pdf

Make sure to check out the lame and tired excuses submitted by the police and prosecutors.

There was a huge increase in the number of letters written compared the decrim bill just a week ago...great result...

Thanks to all who submitted testimony. We will need you all to write more again soon. Let's keep making noise!

Cool! I'd love to be able to visit a dispensary here!!! :)

I read one of the testimonials from a police chief... What an out of touch person, cannabis is in the islands and its not leaving... Resistance is futile!

The site said its going into effect... August of this year? (2012)... Hopefully its filled with all the interesting island buds that are hard to get! I'm excited now, if I can pick up some Oahu Plumeria or Big Island Banana Patch... woohoo!

Ahhh...that bill was from 2010...it passed committees but never became law

there are no dispensaries in Hawaii, and I doubt given all the problems in Cali, Montana and Colorado that there will be any here anytime soon...and it is an election year, so politicians are unlikely to take on "controversial" issues...

I know there aren't dispensaries :) Just saying it would be nice. Its sad whats going on with mainland dispensaries.. It would be kind of like painting a target on our states for feds to go after, if we followed.

Aloha all, We do need dispensaries here. We can get a medical card but what the heck do we do with it. Not all that are sick with a card can grow their own. It's like having a cart with no horse. So that just makes it hard for all who need it. We all that live here in Hawaii knows all this but it just boggles my mind that we have not a one place to buy from. I don't want to see dispensaries pop up like Starbucks but we are a small state and not a whole lot of real estate, so the chances of problems like Cali,Colorado and else where may not become a problem here. Like you said THSea, marijuana is here and it aint leaving. I think Hawaii can do it right and I feel they should do it now. 3 plus years of legalization on state level only of course is a long time and to not have a dispensary is just stupid. Whatch think THSea, you want to get in on the ground floor? come on, let's open a dispensary.LOL. I would love to find the backing and open the first one in Hawaii. I'm hoping for one soon. Aloha

Back
Top Bottom