SC Police Seize Ton Of Pot During Traffic Stop

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Two brothers have been arrested after police say they were hauling 2,608 pounds of marijuana down Interstate 77 near Columbia.

The State of Columbia reported Saturday that the trailer the two men were hauling was so overloaded that it was weaving and caught the attention of Richland County Deputy Thomas McLamb.

McLamb says he smelled marijuana and used a drug dog to search the truck and cargo trailer.

That's where he found more than a ton of pot divided into 114 bundles. The value of the drugs depends on quality, but could range from $6 million to $11 million.

According to jail records, 39-year-old Heriberto Solorio and 28-year-old Hector Solorio of Mexico are being held on drug charges and an immigration detainer. There was no information about whether the men have an attorney.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: thesunnews.com
Author: The Associated Press
Copyright: 2010 McClatchy
Website: SC police seize ton of pot during traffic stop - South Carolina & Regional - Wire - TheSunNews.com

I thought the Aussies were nuts estimating 4800 lbs at 8 million dollars.I tip my hat to SC.They take the prize for overestimating the price of pot.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom