Scared to Start Smoking Again, Want Some Helpful Feedback

SVNDR420

Ok, so where do i start? Im 21 years of age and up until early lastyear, 2011, i was a regular pot smoker, day in day out, hardly missed a day exept for them dry periods. Though since then i stopped smoking pot (cold turkey) as my mum passed away from cancer, not related to marijuana in any way. Since then i cant even fathem smoking a joint, or a bong, or even a tiny spec of bud in the tip of a ciggarette just to test.

Ill just say a few things quickly that i just feel i should share, because i want some helpful feedback and to see if anyone has been in the situation im in at the moment.

For startes i started smoking pot when i was 16, my mum hated the fact that i smoked it and always tried to push me off it, being a young kid i lied to her told her i wasnt smoking anymore even though i still was, in her house, right under her nose. Ill just add, i loved and still do love my mum how a son should. I just enjoyed smoking.

Anyways, after she passed away i couldnt even imagine having a cone as i wanted to stay clear headed because i didnt want to be high while in that state of mind. So it had been month since she passed away and me and my brother got our own place together, which started us smoking up again, though i didnt find it nearly as pleasurable as i did the months before hand.

After 3-4 months of smoking heaily me and my brother got into a fight and we split ways and i got my own place, once again quitting cold turkey.

2 weeks later i was at a mateswho i used to smoke with back in the day and he offered me a bowl, i was very hesitant, but i decided to smoke it anyways.
What a mistake, this is where the big question im trying to get feedback comes into play.

I know i did not green out, as i have seen many people green out plenty of times. But what i felt was somewhat like an anxiety attack, tring to keep calm was hard so i told the mate i had to leave. And i did, while i waswalking geitting fresh air i cleared my head for a second or two, but then as soon as i remembered i pulled that cone, i was right back to the anxiety feeling. My heart was pounding and my brain was thinking a million different things at once, such as, "why the fuck did u do that, you dont even like it anymore", "i thout suff about my mum and what she would be saying if she was looking at me at the time", all this just made he feeling worse.

Anyways time passed and i finally got home and was more relaxed but still anxious and very tired, so i laid down and fell asleep. When i woke up i swore to myself id never have another cone in my life..

Thing is,bits been a while since that day and i want to get back into growing and testing my reward at the harvest, and i would like the occasional cone with a mate, or my bro again, without feeling the way i do. So i tested myself out, i bought a nug of a mate, chopped up, literally got like a spec of bud, mot bigger then lets say, 5mm, put in in the tip of a hand rolled smoke and blazed it up. Before i even lit the damn thing i was freaking out, but i said fuck it, man up, and took that drag back, i hardely tasted the bud over the strong tobacco, finished my smoke, and low and behold i freaked the fuck out like i did last time, yet this time i told myself, your not even high you idiot, it was tiny. And i wasnt high, i didnt feel high, but i felt weird, like the adreneline feeling before a peircing, or a tattoo type feeling.

Im almost positive i am not greening out, i think i just feel that strongy about my mum and how she truely hated me smoking, that it has made my subconcious hate it also..

What im looking for is an answer as to why it could be happening, i just want some different views from different people, and also if someone has felt this way, or am i a lone wolf?

I dont even know if i should be posting this here, its not a councellor forum, but i know u guys are genuinely nice people! So im giving it ago!

Look forward to seeing some responses, thanks for listening!

Re: Scared to Start Smoking Again, Want Some Helpful Feedback.

SV--Sorry about the loss of your mother. I have lost my parents as well so I know the feelings you are having. But both my parents smoked. It sounds to me that you hit the nail on the head in regards to why you're freaking out. It sounds like you feel guilty smoking since you're mother didn't approve of it. And I also think you're still grieving. If it is bothering you that much then maybe you should just stop smoking. Why do it if it is making you feel bad? If you wish, keep growing, not sure if you're in a medicinal state but if your grows are that good maybe you could take your harvests to a dispensary. Or maybe help those that need meds that can't afford it that are ill? If you don't feel right smoking it maybe you will get satisfaction from helping others. Just my opinion, hope it gives you some insight.

I used to be a heavy smoker too. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer I remember running to my car, lighting a joint, balling my eyes out listening to David Gilmour's: Island Jam (FYI this song got me through it all) and just driving around for a couple of hours. Soon after I too stopped smoking for a long while (3 years). Recently I've dabbled back but not to the extent I was at. It's a personal choice. Do what you think is best for you. If smoking makes you feel guilty try something else like golf, or another activity that you can turn to. Cheers.

This is all my opinion, but I feel it will help you in someway.

1) I am extremely sorry about your mother. I recently had two grandmothers pass away that meant the world to me and broke me literally in half. I could not even imagine what you are going through with your very own mother.

2) Enough griefing, period. What I realized is that deep down inside you know for a fact that any family member that passed away would want you to ENJOY the rest of your life. Whatever you choose to do as long as you are safe and HAPPY. Live your life to the absolute fullest in what ever way you choose. When I roll up a doober and smoke it on my back porch staring out at the mountains with the sun beating down on me I am as happy as I could ever be, I am living my life to what I think is the fullest. This does not mean to go crazy and try everything etc.... I am merely saying live your life the way YOU want to without any outside influences.

3) Outside influences are impacting your smoking experience. When you smoke weed you are thinking about your mom who passed away. Though you love your mom to death, all you can remember is the past and her telling you not to smoke weed. She did not think of you as a terrible person for smoking weed I can garuntee that. She was being a very good parent by trying to keep her kids off "drugs." Putting true marijuana facts aside.... She was doing what she fealt was right for keeping you safe and nothing more.

4) If smoking marijuana makes you happy than you should realize it would make your mom happy too regardless of the past. Like I stated earlier, as long as you are living a happy, safe life, the one that YOU want to live, you mom will look down at you and smile.

5) Your life is about YOU and your own choices. You are the one that needs to make decisions and nobody else. If you choose to smoke marijuana and enjoy it, good. If it continues to be a bad experience and you are freaking out etc, than maybe marijuana is just not for you right this minute. Maybe time will pass and you will enjoy smoking again?

6) Just be happy man and stop thinking so much. Just let it all go and you will find peace.

One more note.... Cigarettes are bad for you, you should quit : )

I really hope that some of this rambling helped you man. Just let it all go man you only get 1 life so calm down and enjoy. Your mom wants you to be as happy as possible.

I don't think you should blame yourself for using Cannabis secretly around her when your mom was still alive.

Cannabis can help you cope with your pain, emotionally, mentally, and physically. It can connect you spiritually giving you a wider perspective of the cosmos and calm your senses. That if you use it by itself and not mix it with tobacco or anything else. With the exception of hash or concentrate. Before using Cannabis make sure you are ready to experience the hidden messages that is within your subconscious. It will let you know where you are at, where you've been, and where you might be going.

See it as a messenger and not as destiny. Enjoy the ride and learn something while you're on it. I recommend sativa dominant plant for energetic experience. And try not to mix it with tobacco, it contains so many toxic compounds that will cause you to panic and will not get the full effect of THC and its cannabinoids.

Everything has a life cycle. Even the Sun itself. We are part of the universe, we are star dust. Let go of the guilt and enjoy your life.

You could die from cancer just for have smoked in the past, if you smoke cigarettes still you should smoke bud. They are worst, but its all on you.

THC is non carcinogenic. When you inhale carcinogens, this is what gives you cancer.
You still smoke cigs which give you cancer because they are indeed carcinogenic.

Weed is not a disrespect to your mothers cancer in the sense that weed is not going to cause cancer. I am really Sorry to hear of your mother :/
So many lives are disrupted by cancer :'(

A little more information for you, Cancer has been shown to reduce cancer cell growth. This means Cannabis is actually medicinally used to help fight cancer :)

There is a link on this page (not sure where sorry) but it has done researcher on thousands and come up that all the people who smoked weed have a smaller percentage of cancerous users.

You can research further into this if you'd like, but just know.

Marijuana makes you happy and hungry and the fact that you feel guilt when you use it is something everybody here on 420mag will want to help you through because at the end of the day we're all here because we love the gift of Ganja.

I hope I helped you out. Peace and love man, Peace and love.

dude this is serious. you gotta resolve any issue you may be having relating to the death of your mother. i can help u out with that in private, being a very sensitive and compassionate fellow human, or a cold one at times but its innate at this point. the sensitivity and compassion that is.

weed isnt gonna erase what u may feel towards such a thing, its only gonna intensify what you already feel during sober. my intuition tells me things, let me know....

ive gone through extreme paranoia, i smoke up still because ive had a lot of time to recover but its driven me to the point where i prefer to smoke alone. i need to find someone under my intellect who i can trust easier than say a more mature person, so like, people younger than me mentally is ok, its a matter of control...thats my story though.

im here for you man and thats love.

If its really the act of smoking that your against, get a vaporizer. If its getting high you can't deal with, don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom