Scott's First Grow - Soil - CFL - Nirvana Indoor Mix - 5 Girls!

Scott Jia

So here we go Pals. First I want to thank all the amazing people in 420mgz, I have read many journals and learned a lot of growing skills and techniques here.

This is my first grow ever since I was born, so please let me know what's your opinion about my journal any time .Help me with the suggestions in all directions that you can give me please! I'm so forward to it!

I'm not a English speaking country person, so my English skill is very limited, and I'll keep it simple in my words so you guys can totally understand what I am trying to say.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?It's nirvana's indoor mix strains,5 femi seeds,so I really don't know what they are, but I think it's funny for first grow, I call them the mysterious girls.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?Vegging
If in Veg... For how long?8 days from popped up from soil.
Indoor or outdoor? Inoor
Soil or Hydro?soil
If soil... what is in your mix?I don't know the exact proportion,I bought the soil from local gardening store,they said this kind of soil can be used of most kinds of plants.
If soil... What size pot? Currently 4'' pot,finally maybe 3 gal pot.
Size of light?currently cfl 45w*2 24w*4(6500k) totally 186watts.
Is it aircooled? Yes,2 4'' Pc fan for exhaust ,and I have to open the AC in my room which my grow tent settled down because the temp in my place is to high.
Temp of cab?82F when lights on,78F when lights off.
RH of cab? 30-40%.
PH of media or res? Havn't measured it yet. But the tap water PH is 7.5 so I'm worrying about the high Ph of the water would do harm to my plant.
Any Pests ?No,I hope they won't show up ever.
How often are you watering? every other day:high-five:

self make grow tent
DSC015461.JPG

2 4'' PC fan
DSC01548.JPG

Light
DSC015531.JPG

5 girls
DSC015541.JPG

No.1
DSC015721.JPG

No.2
DSC01573.JPG

No.3
DSC01574.JPG
She is 3 days later than the other girls and looking a lot of differences.
NO.4
DSC015753.JPG

No.5
DSC015761.JPG

Scotty sounds good here! Good luck with your temperatures! Keep it under 86 and you'll be fine! I'm a first time grower getting ready to harvest soon! A monkey can grow MJ! I'll keep in touch! 420 mgz is such a great resource for info and awesome peeps!

Scotty sounds good here! Good luck with your temperatures! Keep it under 86 and you'll be fine! I'm a first time grower getting ready to harvest soon! A monkey can grow MJ! I'll keep in touch! 420 mgz is such a great resource for info and awesome peeps!

Thanks bro!Glad to hear you are harvesting:goodluck:!Do you have a journal about your grow?I'll stand by and took some good flowers:high-five:!

Today is day10 from sprouted.I'm worried about the small pot problems.I can see the roots coming out from the bottom hole of the pot!So I'm planning transplant them to 3gal pots as soon as possible.
Later I'll post some new pictures of the girls.

Hey Scotty I will send some pics soon! You should save yourself the trouble and replant now into 10in pots and then follow with the 5 gal in a couple of months! the cfls are great for veg but one bulb per plant could be a space issue unless you build a CFL board! Save yourself the time and at 8 weeks switch metal halide. cfls are great for first stage! Scotty do you have an email? I can get you some pics!

Scotty if go to 3 gal now it will be hard to Goto 5 gal next! Goto 10 in then 5 gal unless you plan on getting help to transplant the 3 to 5 gal!

What's up scott,

The young ones are looking healthy to me:high-five: CFL's work good for flowering if you have the right bulbs. It's either 6500K or 2700K blubs for flowering, but what would work best is have a few of each for a better light spectrum. You might want to get a few Y adapters that way you can fit more lights in there. For pot sizes, figure 4 weeks of growth for every gallon of your buckets size. It's a rough estimate but you won't get root bound that way.

:thumb:
If you need any help don't be shy, we all are here to help..

Good Luck Brother!!!

Hey Scotty I will send some pics soon! You should save yourself the trouble and replant now into 10in pots and then follow with the 5 gal in a couple of months! the cfls are great for veg but one bulb per plant could be a space issue unless you build a CFL board! Save yourself the time and at 8 weeks switch metal halide. cfls are great for first stage! Scotty do you have an email? I can get you some pics!

Scotty if go to 3 gal now it will be hard to Goto 5 gal next! Goto 10 in then 5 gal unless you plan on getting help to transplant the 3 to 5 gal!

Thanks for the inputs bros!This time grow I'm hoping 10-15grams per plant,so I guess finally I'll use the 3 gal pot,is it enough for 10-15grams?I used to think about the metal halide,but then I realised the heat problems and others,so I decided to use the cfl all the way through this journal,I'm sure adding some 2700k bulbs during flower stage.

What's up scott,

The young ones are looking healthy to me:high-five: CFL's work good for flowering if you have the right bulbs. It's either 6500K or 2700K blubs for flowering, but what would work best is have a few of each for a better light spectrum. You might want to get a few Y adapters that way you can fit more lights in there. For pot sizes, figure 4 weeks of growth for every gallon of your buckets size. It's a rough estimate but you won't get root bound that way.

:thumb:
If you need any help don't be shy, we all are here to help..

Good Luck Brother!!!

You found me man!Glad to see you in my journal!
I do have some Y adapters,but I have some trouble about the lampchimney,the space is not big enough than I thought,so for now each of the lampchimney has 90watts cfl in it.

Updating!
Sorry being so busy these days,Now the girls are 3 weeks(22 days) vegging and something really bad happened when transplanting them to the 3 gal pot.
One girl's roots were badly injured durning the transplanting and now she is recovering,I hope she can make it
One girl just didn't grow up,her leaves never split,I guess the problem was this:when she was a baby,the shell of the seed was stick to the sprout'head,so I used my hand to removed the shell.For now I believe that when I removing the shell somehow I did injured her so much and I'm so regret with this.
Now this is some pictures
I haven't throw up the No.5 little girl yet.
11329.jpg

No.1:She looks very healthy.
2939.jpg

No.2:This is the one whos roots were badly injured,she grows very slow from that,but I have faith with her,she can make it!
3830.jpg

No.3:She is healthy too,but I don't know why some yellow colors showing on the edges of some leaves.
4566.jpg

No.4:She looks good,though a little bit smaller than No.1 and No3.
5440.jpg

No.5:This is the tragedy No.5,I'm losing her
7337.jpg

The closer view of the No.3,the yellows are obvious.
8264.jpg

great grow going on. Your bottom piks look as if they are stressed from under watering. Your pot mix looks very un-evenly watered with much dry areas. Make sure your watering your outer stress on the leaves going inward is from sucking the nutrients from the quickest source to upheaval the new leaves and such. water, but don't over water!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom