SCROG: Tuck under or tie down?

You have to be careful when tying down. It you restrict the tops, they will stop growing. I tuck under and use a metal screen.

I never tuck under except if/when I’m first putting a screen on. Seems like above the screen in the light is the best place for plants to be. I just bend and tie down with pipe cleaners. ‘Tie’ is the wrong term cause it just takes a 180° kink in the pipe cleaner to hold it.

You have to be careful when tying down. It you restrict the tops, they will stop growing. I tuck under and use a metal screen.
Right. If you tie down loosely with hoop-like ties in the middle of internodes to allow horizontal movement, that would be ok, wouldn''t it?

What terms do I need to use in Google to find a metal screen?

Right. If you tie down loosely with hoop-like ties in the middle of internodes to allow horizontal movement, that would be ok, wouldn''t it?

Works for me. If I trim out of room on the screen I just bend and start training the limbs back in some other direction and squeeze things in.

A scrap of metal fencing works well. I like around a 3” mesh.

Gardening fence is what I use. Works perfectly. I chose the kind with 2in x 3in openings.

Back
Top Bottom