Scrog: When to stop training?

The former, but it's just a general suggestion that should really only be followed in spirit (so to speak). People use the first part of the stretch (which, itself, is the first 40% or so of the flowering period) to finish filling in their screen - but you kind of have to have some idea as to how long that flowering period is in order to get the timing right. Otherwise it's sort of like aiming for a bull's eye that you cannot even see, lol, and you get general tips (an analogy might be "fire your arrow down range, because the target is bound to be somewhere on that end of the field").

Your plant's general rate of growth is, of course, a factor... when your screen gets full, you're finished regardless of when you cut the light schedule back. If you're new to this and/or don't have a good working familiarity with the specific phenotype/strain, then it's better to miss (if you're going to) on the side of caution; a screen that never gets 100% full is generally preferable to one that gets full before you found holes for every growing tip.

The former, but it's just a general suggestion that should really only be followed in spirit (so to speak). People use the first part of the stretch (which, itself, is the first 40% or so of the flowering period) to finish filling in their screen - but you kind of have to have some idea as to how long that flowering period is in order to get the timing right. Otherwise it's sort of like aiming for a bull's eye that you cannot even see, lol, and you get general tips (an analogy might be "fire your arrow down range, because the target is bound to be somewhere on that end of the field").

Your plant's general rate of growth is, of course, a factor... when your screen gets full, you're finished regardless of when you cut the light schedule back. If you're new to this and/or don't have a good working familiarity with the specific phenotype/strain, then it's better to miss (if you're going to) on the side of caution; a screen that never gets 100% full is generally preferable to one that gets full before you found holes for every growing tip.
Thanks. I'm going to have the plant on the short side of a 4x3 screen; basically, at one one end. I imagine the screen will mostly be filled towards the other end. I think I'm going to do White Rhino first.

Back
Top Bottom