Sea Of Green

TheBaron95

Sup cropstars,

Wondering how long sea of green crop takes from germination to bringing them down?

I know theres different ways for example some people veg them for week then flower and others put them straight from seedling to flower.

Also do you have to let them flower for 6 weeks or could you do four weeks and achieve decent results?

Sup cropstars,

Wondering how long sea of green crop takes from germination to bringing them down?

I know theres different ways for example some people veg them for week then flower and others put them straight from seedling to flower.

Also do you have to let them flower for 6 weeks or could you do four weeks and achieve decent results?

You would probably have better luck vegging them for 3 or 4 weeks if you are starting from seed. I've heard of people flipping clone sized plants into 12/12 in aeroponic setups so I guess it could work, but with seeds, you would probably want to give them a little veg time.

There are some strains that only take 5-6 weeks but you'll have to have one of those specific strains if you want such a short flowering time. Never heard of a four week flowering time. Most strains bloom in 8-11 weeks under 12/12 light

You would probably have better luck vegging them for 3 or 4 weeks if you are starting from seed. I've heard of people flipping clone sized plants into 12/12 in aeroponic setups so I guess it could work, but with seeds, you would probably want to give them a little veg time.

There are some strains that only take 5-6 weeks but you'll have to have one of those specific strains if you want such a short flowering time. Never heard of a four week flowering time. Most strains bloom in 8-11 weeks under 12/12 light

Cheers man, was thinking about doing it but probs not now doesn't seem like it saves that much time to me about 3 weeks i guess. Think I'm just going to do normal one

Most of the time SOG is done with clones. You can do 12/12 from seed but they have a 2-4 week minimum veg time anyways. Try it out? Have a small space for starting things. Try 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 etc. You might find a sweet spot for the strains you are running

yeah if you go straight to 12/12 from seed they just going to grow normally for 3 to 4 weeks to get to maturity before actual flowering starts, SOG should really be done with the right strain and with clones , if you are cloning from a muture plant then that clone is at the same maturity so then a tiny rooted clone that is put into 12/12 will start to flower in a week or so, i love SOG for small grow areas

Most of the time SOG is done with clones. You can do 12/12 from seed but they have a 2-4 week minimum veg time anyways. Try it out? Have a small space for starting things. Try 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 etc. You might find a sweet spot for the strains you are running

Yeah I defo need to try a few things out.

Basically I was going to do sensi skunk's early skunk strain, supposed to be xxl yield and 40 day flower time, so my plan was to veg for 2 week then flower for 40 days. I am after a quick turn around thats why I thought about SOG.

Couple problems though its a tall wirey plant and I've been told to use short plants for SOG and I haven't got cuttings of it can only get seeds for the first one.

So basically if I have clones I can put straight into flower from the start? If so how long will it take before I can bring down?

And what kind of yields do you get for your SOG?

Even better! Fast stinky heavy plants like that is what you want for a SOG. So this is what I would do if I only had a handful of seeds. Plant them all. Veg for a good month. Flower. As soon as you see a single pistil/fem flower take 2 cutings and try to root. If one plant is doing much better only keep cuttings from her.

If you find a male I would keep it until you can get one sac of good pollen and fertilize your best female.

Now you have a bunch of seeds on the way and cuts to establish a mother plant. You have 40-50 days to get these moms establishes and take a first round of clones. Take clones every two weeks and let veg for 2 weeks. Have a very nice two week rotation.

Back
Top Bottom