Seed Recall?

Jackalope

I just had a thought. I know you are all amazed LOL.

I have been ordering and searching online for seeds close to 30 years now. I have seen a lot along the way. Read even more. One thing I have NEVER seen is a seed recall. 3 times I have had totally bad seeds where everything hermied.

When dealing with a natural thing anything can happen. Seed batches have and will turn to shit one way or another. We all expect that everything was thoroughly tested. Maybe it was maybe not. Shit still happens and bad batches of seeds get out.

It is not like a car that they can contact all the buyers. You can still give a heads up though. Seeds banks show promotions and all kinds of other info. They can post anything the want so a recall notice would get the word out.

I hope that they would at least pull bad seed batches as soon as they find out. Maybe they do maybe they don't. Thing is even if they pull them there are still lots of seeds that made it out. You would think they would want you to know.

Even if they can not replace everyone's seeds. Not letting people grow crap is all the help most of us need. The fact that I have never seen a Sorry we F**ked up notice anywhere EVER before makes me wonder.

Yeah I saw a lot of the Crop King apologies while they were a sponsor here. Not sure if that is what I meant but they did own it LMAO.
Seedsman has been really good here as far as I can tell. That is why I am switching to them in most cases. Easier to contact them plus better feedback that way. When you buy from a seed bank they can only guarantee other peoples genetics so much.
Crop Kings genetics were their biggest problem. That and the fact that they only sold their own genetics so everything was on them.

What kind of got this going was a batch of Chocolate Mint Og that were hermies. A single hermie is one thing. When of they all do it it is another. Easy enough for me not to grow it again. How do I or they get the word out to others. Going to have to start having batch #'s so they can pull certain ones if they want.

In time I bet we will see some cool changes. You would be amazed how much the seed market has changed in 30 years. I ordered my first seed in the 80's LMAO. It is a hard time now with legal and illegal weed being grown all over the world. With more legal places more ways of communication will open up. Once the lines of communications open up the more can be done.

With legalization I think you will see more people demanding accountability. When you are buying something illegally neither party has a leg to stand on other than the buyer not supporting the offending party.

Browsing around the seed banks you see breeders crossing strains left and right. You know that the stability of the strains is questionable at best. That is why you see some people trying to acquire the original old school strains that are stable and not diluted carelessly.

I like it when they send you the seeds in Sealed breeder packages. For example DNA genetics has really secure packaging. You can't tamper with it or it would be obvious. It's the ones in a hidden container like a ink pen that makes me wonder sometimes. I'm not saying people are mixing up the orders. But I've had a haze that clearly grew with a OG structure. Things that make you go hmmm :hmmmm:

I always stick with original breeder packs. At least until you have dealt with a company long enough to build trust. I have did stealth packaging where they took them out of breeder packs.

Seen some pretty good hiding spots since then. Inside a pen is a new one. Last one I got. They were in between 2 thin opaque pieces of foam. I barely saw them before throwing it out.

Hopefully it will be legal everywhere someday. And no more worries for shipping issues. I always wondered how fresh some of the seeds are too. I mean I'm buying them from a us breeder. But they are coming from across the pond. I've had good luck with germination so far. But the logistics is crazy. LMAO

Storage is a bigger thing then age. I have seeds from 1998 that still pop. I probably trust their older genetics more LMAO.

Like you said when and if legal weed spreads more it will help the industry. By then you will just go get your starts from nursery like tomatoes are sold.

Storage is a bigger thing then age. I have seeds from 1998 that still pop. I probably trust their older genetics more LMAO.

Like you said when and if legal weed spreads more it will help the industry. By then you will just go get your starts from nursery like tomatoes are sold.
If you don't mind me asking. How do you store yours? Dam from 98. That's impressive. I'd like to get some more strains. But I'm always worried about them going bad before I can grow them. I have mine in a sealed mason jar in a dark drawer with my bud jars

Mine have always been stored cold. Freezer for a long time and now the fridge. Fridge gives you less of a temperature extreme when getting seeds out a lot. Both work. If you plan on getting them out use the fridge. Long term storage the freezer may be better.

There has been moves along the way and times they just couldn't be kept cold. Just keep them out of direct sunlight and as cool as possible till they can go back into cold storage.

Back
Top Bottom