Seedling advice needed!

curlybud

Anyone have a clue what's going on with my little one? This is the end of day 3. Looks like a lot of stretch but no leaves yet :( Yesterday I accidentally brushed her when watering the cube and she fell to the side :(

My CFLs are 3-5 inches above, and I'm giving her 18/6 as of yesterday. Temps between 24-26 celsius, giving her only distilled water. This is the first seed ever I'm germinating and compared to many I've seen in people's grow journals she look svery different and this is beginning to worry me a bit.

please help! :rollit:
E6.JPG

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the seedling is fucked, pardon my french. when the first set of leaves don't develop properly, the plant won't really get the light it needs. i use CFLs as well, and you should keep them closer to 2 or 3 inches rather than 5. i would leave that one for a couple of days, and in the meantime get another seed germinating in case it doesn't do anything. good luck!

I think it's called damping off disease. Start another.:smokin:

Oh nooooooooooooooooo! Are you guys serious? 'twas the very first seed I germinated too! Was there anything I did wrong / could have done better to avoid this? What a bummer... :( :( :(
Here's a few more pics.
g6.JPG

F3.JPG

I think I'll hold on to her for a few more days as you suggest, hazyatbest.

any news on your girl? looking at the pictures you posted after your original post, the growth inside the cotyledons look nice and green, but the cotyledons look pretty much dead. in case you don't know, the cotyledons are the first two little rounded leaves that come out when the shell falls off. hopefully she came back to life for you.

Hey man thanks for checking in!!

Unfortunately she didn't make it. I chceked on her the morning after giving her some hydrothrive and the stem had given in and she was lying on the side :(

I was told this could also have been caused by lack of nutes, though i've read on this forum about people growing their seedlings with only distilled water until they rooted properly.. Oh well. I'm gorwing a new one, straight from rockwool soaked in a 200ppm grow nute solution and will rewater the rockwool with a light hydrothrive solition.

FINGERS CROSSED! :grinjoint: :grinjoint: :grinjoint:

i use only distilled water until the end of veg and add the nutes from then on. i don't have the $ or ability(apartment) to set up a really nice R/O machine, so i just buy the distilled for about 79 cents per gallon.

Yeah, apartment here too.. I carry my distilled water over from my local drugstore... Luckily it's only a 5 minute walk, but they charge $2 CAD per 2 litres (that's a bit over 1/2 gallon)...

Anyways, the new seed has sprouted, it looks a lot more promising than the first, I'll post a few pics in a bit!

Back
Top Bottom