Help my girls!

Black Nero

Hi all.

My girls are 14 day old from seed, and the leaves are wavy a lot.

I have noticed this problem yesterday.

So first of all let me say that this is my second grow, and it is almost the same setup as the first one and the same strain (Big Bud, a very resilient strain.)

Saying that, i never saw anything like this in my first grow.

The only difference is the light.

In my first grow i ran the entire grow with one HPS 250W 33000 Lumens 2100K.

So this time for the early vegetative stage i bought 4 CFLs 23W 1600 Lumens 6500K, and put my girls 5cm away from them. Eventually they grown and for one day or two they were closer as 3cm. This was when i noticed the problem and now they are 8cm away.

I made the hand test and it was very fine, even at 3cm away, but even so i raised the CFLs.

The temperature inside the tent was always around 20 celsius.

The RH was always between 50 and 60 percent.

The photoperiod was always 24/0, as is winter in my country, temperature would drop as low as 10 celsius easily if lights was out.

I'm growing in soil. (Janeco Light Mix)

I'm growin from seed.

I did not give any nuterients to them.

The water was PH 6.5, and i'm very carefull with over watering them. But this problem happened after the transplant from 20cl cups to 50cl. That was 3 days ago and was everything just fine.

So my last watering was 3 days ago.

I'm not measuring PPMs

I was doing foliar watering once a day with the same water sinceright from the beginning. Stop that too.

Plase help. Any question, just ask.

PS. I'm having trouble uploading the photos...

If more photos needed please just ask.

Before problems (Day 12)

12-8.jpg

Problems (Today Photos - Day 14)

Setup

14-31.jpg

Close Up

14-7.jpg

14-6.jpg

Atami Janeco Light Mix

Janeco lightmix is an ideal base substrate on which virtually any crop can be grown well. The lightly fertilized soil has the advantage that even the somewhat more 'difficult' species do not become overfertilized quickly. In addition to a light dose of fertilizer, Janeco lightmix also contains perlite, so that the substrate remains sufficiently airy and an optimum water management is created. When growing on Janeco lightmix it could be that you do not need to add nutrition during the first three weeks, depending on the number of plants and size of the pots. The soil mixture contains sufficient fertilizer for the first two weeks. After this period Atami advises to add liquid fertilizer to the crop for optimal results.

EC: 1,00 - 1,25

I doubt that the problem is from the soil. As i mentioned i used this same soil in my first grow and never see that happens

They look pretty good man. Honestly, I don't think a little bit of waviness or twisting is really a problem with those first sets of leaves. Just watch the new growth and see if it corrects itself.

I'm really seeing just one option and that is a little of over watering.

Because everything else i can remember is just by the book

They are fine, sometimes they do this, could be seasonal, I wouldn't worry relax, Cannabis is a really hearty plant, you are more likely to kill them with love. Take your time. If it is winter where you are temp and humidity fluctuations can do strange things.

They look fine and healthy. One pointer though: CFLs don't give any usable light from the ends. All the useful lumens are from the sides. I would try to reconfigure those lights so that the plants are exposed to the sides of the bulbs. You'll get better growth. I actually prefer y-adapters for the canopy with CFLs as they send the light down onto the plants from two directions. Having said that it's obvious you're getting great reflective performance from your tent walls. It's hard to get too close with CFLs. I get mine right up to within an inch next to the leaves all the time.

I like that measuring stick you have there. That's a new one for me and one I'll remember for my next grow.

They look fine and healthy. One pointer though: CFLs don't give any usable light from the ends. All the useful lumens are from the sides. I would try to reconfigure those lights so that the plants are exposed to the sides of the bulbs. You'll get better growth. I actually prefer y-adapters for the canopy with CFLs as they send the light down onto the plants from two directions. Having said that it's obvious you're getting great reflective performance from your tent walls. It's hard to get too close with CFLs. I get mine right up to within an inch next to the leaves all the time.

I like that measuring stick you have there. That's a new one for me and one I'll remember for my next grow.

Thank you for the tip!

The idea of the stick came naturally as i was getting frustrated trying to take pics with one hand and holding tape-measure with the other.

But i have something else in my setup that i never saw no one else use.

As you can see i have transparent double cups for each one of my girls, and in between them i have an aluminium foil so that the light be reflected and don't hurt their roots.

But when i want to see the development of the roots, i simply hold the external cup which has the aluminium foil inside and raise the inside cup which has really the plant on them.

Is very useful in my view.

Once again, thank you for the tip as well to you all people who have tried to help me out.

Very nice forum!

Thank you for the tip!

The idea of the stick came naturally as i was getting frustrated trying to take pics with one hand and holding tape-measure with the other.

But i have something else in my setup that i never saw no one else use.

As you can see i have transparent double cups for each one of my girls, and in between them i have an aluminium foil so that the light be reflected and don't hurt their roots.

But when i want to see the development of the roots, i simply hold the external cup which has the aluminium foil inside and raise the inside cup which has really the plant on them.

Is very useful in my view.

Once again, thank you for the tip as well to you all people who have tried to help me out.

Very nice forum!

nice tip

Back
Top Bottom