Need Water Advice

Flats Rat

Unexpectedly my 89 year old mother has been informed by her doctor that she needs angioplasty surgery on her legs. This is to take place on Monday. She is in Florida and I am in Michigan. My assistance with her recovery is needed and I am advised this will be a minimum of two weeks. As I am the only caretaker of my "girls" I need to discover a method of providing them water during my absence. They currently are planted in a soil mixture inside a fabric bag. There are 8 of them and range in stages from 3 inch tall to 27 inch tall and beginning to bud. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

chop them and call it a day. Unless you have anyone to at least mix up your water and feed them, or a drip system that just needs filled, Id say wrap it up, and start over when your able to. Also, you can dedicate your time focused on your Mom and not have the worry about the crop. 89 is up there, God Bless her, and you for still being able to hear eachothers voice. Relish the time Brother,

You made the decision to drop everything to help your mom. Good for you on that my friend and I wish her a speedy recovery. Regardless it would be a darn shame to shut down a grow of 8 plants starting to bud out after all that work and power consumption. My uneducated suggestion would be unless you want to drop some bucks on automation (still risky when your not home to monitor it) I would say your only option is to reach out to someone you trust and educate them on how to feed/water and keep you updated with photos so you can see how they are doing. If you give them a good feeding before you leave you might get by with a friend just watering and not having to mix supplement. You could mix up a couple big garbage cans full of water and ph it before you leave. That way the person only has to water till run off and remove the excess water afterwards.
Not the best scenario but the only solution IMO.

There are plenty of methods you can use.. youtube has a bunch, id use a hatchet and wack them down and take care of your mom she is going to need you more then those 8 plants will.. i just had back surgery in my wife was busy with me alone with pain and eating and peeing and etc... but the 2 liter bottle shoved into soil with hole in the cap will work just add some nutes to her and roll on thats about all you can do buddy

Back
Top Bottom