Seedling not looking too hot

Tikibox

9j39stt.png

This is one of 4 plants in my first grow,

~13 Days since sprouting
Kera seeds: Northern Lights
Watering every three days, once the top inch of soil is dry. (PH 6.5 RO water)
222w of CFLs (1x60w 4200k, 2x60w 6500k, 1x42w 6500k)

2/3 FF Ocean Forest 1/3 Perlite
Used Supreme Growers Myco Blast twice in the past 3 weeks,
Used General Organics BioRoot last week (1/4 strength)
Added a 1/2 tsp of epsom salts in the last watering (Last night)

Any idea what is going on?
How soon after nutes do you see nute burn?

Thanks!

Re: Seedling not looking too hot..

I'm not really familiar with Foxfarm soil except to read of many people on here with nute burned seedlings. The general conclusion being that the soil is borderline too rich for the little ones. That combined with your feeding it at such a young age (not necessary) points to nute burn for sure, even without the photo. I'd probably transplant, but you can also try a flush (possible overwatering problems then, and I'm not sure how well the ocean forest will flush out) or you can wait it out but don't feed for a while, till it's actually growing fast and well.

Danke, man! I'm considering a transplant too. I'm no longer a fan of these jiffy cups. I'm going to go lighter on the Nutes, but I'm not sure if that is it, because it is a 1-1-1 mix made for seedlings. In addition, I only used a 1/4 strength dose.

I don't know for sure either- but it would seem a bit young to be adding nutes unless it was a nute free medium like peat moss. However, the other two possibilities- which would cover 99% of seedling problems, are overwatering, which I think is unlikely because your soil looks like it drains ok, and it isn't in an oversized pot- unless you've been constantly watering the crap out of it and failing to let it dry out in between. An overwatered plant can definitely look like that- yellow and stunted. And the other option is extremely poor ph but more likely the first two options I think.

Back
Top Bottom