Seedling question

Trinity2014

I have 8 big bud seeds that I germinated in soil. They've all sprouted and most have opened. They've been in my grow tent under a Mars hydro reflector series grow light (192x3). I have the light 12in away. Temperature has been high today (about 85) and humidity has been at about %55. I'm seeing some slight bends in the stems, they're slanted all in the same direction. I see some yellowing on tip of one of the leaves. This my first grow and i've read a lot of articles but not sure what to do in respect to this young seedling stage. Is the light too close? also, how long should the stems be on the 4th day after germination? most are in the 1.5-2inch range with one that is probably only about a quarter inch. Want to make sure I identify any problems early.

P.S I also have exhaust fan, and oscillating fan for airflow and to promote stronger stems.
Thanks Guys.

Just be careful that the light isn't too close. Put your hand where the babies heads are for a minute and see if it starts to burn.
I always grew my sprouts under T5's or the old fat ones, what T8's?. They don't need a lot of light.

Also, do not fertilize or feed them anything for a couple of weeks, and then use half strength for a couple of weeks after that.

There will be the occasional yellow leaf, brown spot, etc.
Sounds like you have healthy, happy, bouncy baby girls there.
Congrats. Are you handing out cigars? Blunts?

~ Auggie ~

12" away with a (192x3) LED is intense light for seedlings, back that off to 28"-36". I'm like Auggie, I use two Philips Agro 15w T8 for seedlings/clones, that away you can get those right down on the seedlings. Just slowly up your nutes once seedlings/clones have 3"-6" roots..I have a saying I teach new growers...no nutes, until roots. I always start off with 1/4 nute solution and slowly work my way up.

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it. I backed the light up to 28" and they're looking great. Only 1 seedling shows some signs of streching and started to fall so i tied it to a toothpick. hopefully it'll be alright, if not I have the others that look good.

Glad to hear. Also, straws work for holding up seedlings in soil, just cut to size and slice down middle and wrap around stem and push in soil...can be done in hydroton rock as well but a little more tricky.

Back
Top Bottom