Seedlings nutrients

saltybluegrass

does anyone include a root stimulator in their rockwool as a seedling or does the transplanting into its forever pot get those nutes?
I ask because my growing is troubled in the first few weeks by horrible mistakes but want to establish a good baseline of seed to smoke care i’m documenting.
It’s all about the roots

Just me, but if your starting the seeds don't use rockwool. Rockwool is best used for rooting clones. Again this is my route of choice and ive had great germination rates. I place the seeds in a glass of distilled water and let them soak for 36-48 hours, by then they should have roots then place them in a damp but not soaking wet paper towel with distilled water ( unless the tap root is already 1+ inch just place in soil), place it in a ziplock bag for about 1-2 more days. You can choose the zip the bag up or not its up to you, just open it every 12 hours or so to allow new air in. Once the seeds have a tap root of about 1-2inches place them in a small pot around 1-2 gallons. Once they get their first true set of leafs then you can start using the root booster or what ever you choose. Then in 2-4 weeks (depending on the starter pot size you choose) you'd transplant to a new pot which would be the final pot around 5-7 gallons. You don't wanna put a baby in a huge 5-7 gallon pot.

I suggest going small and with several uppots so you can build the maximum roots at each stage. Most of us who have been doing this for a while start in beer cups, and when the plant can use all the water a beer cup can hold in 24 hours, she is transplanted to a 1 gallon container. When she can use all the water that a 1 gallon container can hold in 24 hours, it is time to either go to a final sized 3,5 or 7 gallon or if you are heading for a 10-15 gallon, throw another step in there at the 3-5 gallon size so as to build up the roots again. It is all about the roots. It is not about being a race to see how fast you can be lazy and put a small plant in a large container. Doing so loses all control of how the roots are growing.

Back
Top Bottom