Seedlings

bankcee

420 Member
a couple questions about 1 week and 2 day old seedlings.. when can they be put in the sun? when they have enough root growth to support outside winds? and also what if I have them outside in shade shouldn't their have been outdoor wind strengthening them? AND lol how low can temps be for a seedling outdoor at night. I will have a couple 23 watt cfl (100 watt equivalents) over my plant at night. I'm trying for a 24/0 cycle then 18/6 in veg, and then of course 12/12 for flowering.

Hi Bankcee, from my experience with plants--- you can put them in the sun right away but if you've started indoors then they must be gradually introduced to the strong sun rays---don't just move it into the sun for 24/0 right away. Over a period of one week gradually introduce full sunshine for one hour at first then increasing periods of sun over the week and don't let them dry out. You should be good after that. Don't forget, seedlings naturally grow into the sun...but just like a Canadian's first day in the sun on a Miami beach January holiday, you're gonna get burned if you don't acclimatize gradually. (Go on Google images for fun and enter " cannabis growing in snow.)

As for how low you can go, I have no experience myself with low temps, but what i read says they can take Celsius 10-ish, F 45-ish. Not ideal and you won't get much good results trying to grow at those temps but they shouldn't die. Tomatoes, I'm told, stop growing in 50's F...they don't die, just don't grow either. Bonne chance!

Back
Top Bottom