Do steady winds dry the plant out faster? Any other caveats?

RoadLizard

Juts curious if fairly steady winds might actually cause the plant to dry faster? My outdoor plant seems to be holding moisture well but I know that with some of the non-ganja plants Ive heard that steady winds dry things out much faster than normal. My plant was started indoors and then moved outside about a week ago. Shes a diesel and appears to be doing pretty good. I had also heard that the wind does have a benefit that it strengthens the plant - kind of like lifting weights for people so to speak. I know that you only water when "needed" but was curious if anyone either moves the plants to a more wind-resistant area if its windy all day or uses additonal water? Flowering should start any day now if that matters.

Tenks!

No, good air circulation is a MUST. A consistent fresh batch of CO2 is required, which the wind will provide. Also, if the area is humid, the air circulation will make it harder for mold to develop in the crannies, and nooks of the soon to be buds, or EVEN on the bottom stem area. I don't believe an increase in wind will lead to increased uptake, or increased evaporation of the water. Now if it is really dry, and hot then that will be the real factors.

All in all, as long as the wind doesn't break your branch then its all good.
photo_14_7.JPG

I did have it so windy one time that it even did some "Natural Stress Training", and bent the whole stalk to about a startling 45 degree angle. It grew back up straight eventually, with a beast of a stem.

photo_6_17.JPG

photo_8_15.JPG

That woody looking area around the joint that connects the main stalk and other stem, was a case of isolated mold build-up because of hot monsoonal moisture, and very LOW air circulation. These are very important things to be aware of. If I didn't catch that mold, and deal with it QUICK, then she would have been a goner. Luckily the folks here at 420 Magazine helped me out!

I suspect the NST could have increased my yield:peace: !:420:

Thanks for the reply, friend. Looks like your baby came back strong! Just today, I noticed that my plant, which had a longer "hanging" branch straightened that one out and now its the tallest one. All good.

Of course, now it rains all day...but she'll be OK. It IS a weed after all, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom