Seeds from clones

Probably fem'd. The process is called rodelization. It's when the plant kicks out a seed or three to keep the species alive. Though the amount you said would lead me to believe that a slight herm is possible. There are varying degrees of Hermie. Some are terrible and yet others give pleasant surprises in the form of seeds to grow next cycle. I have routinely used mild Hermie's to grow and they have produced excellent smoke.

Probably fem'd. The process is called rodelization. It's when the plant kicks out a seed or three to keep the species alive. Though the amount you said would lead me to believe that a slight herm is possible. There are varying degrees of Hermie. Some are terrible and yet others give pleasant surprises in the form of seeds to grow next cycle. I have routinely used mild Hermie's to grow and they have produced excellent smoke.
Thanks a lot , puffer.

Last year I grew some sour diesel clones and everything was good. But there was a few seeds like 30 out of 6 plants. Will those seeds be fine to plant and grow ? Are they feminized ? Or should they be tossed ?

The original Sour Diesel (and Chem Dawg) strains were known to be mildly(?) hermaphroditic. Seems like the pollen had a relatively low degree of viability, though, so - when a plant produced staminate flowers - it typically only resulted in a few seeds. The same could be said about the Gorilla Glue line; the three strains are related.

Update : well , it was a disaster ! grew two of the best looking indoor plants i have ever grown. Idk if one hermed or what but now both are ruined and i'm sick ! didn't see pollen sacs until week 7 of flower. huge buds, i've got 3 6 footers outside , i hope they make it or this whole season is a loss. Starting some auto's (fem'd) now.

The diesel/chem(dawg)/gorilla glue strains are all related, and known to have somewhat hermaphroditic tendencies. Seems like that's sort of how the original seeds came into existence, IIRC.

Update : well , it was a disaster ! grew two of the best looking indoor plants i have ever grown. Idk if one hermed or what but now both are ruined and i'm sick ! didn't see pollen sacs until week 7 of flower.
How was it a disaster? What was ruined?

Male flowers showing up around the 7th week is common for plants that are going through a rodelization process like what @Pat Puffer mentions up in msg #4.

More details will help some of us relate to and understand what you see on your plants. Maybe it is not as bad as you think.

How was it a disaster? What was ruined?

Male flowers showing up around the 7th week is common for plants that are going through a rodelization process like what @Pat Puffer mentions up in msg #4.

More details will help some of us relate to and understand what you see on your plants. Maybe it is not as bad as you think.
One plant I guess Hermed out and has ALOT OF SEEDS and the other one has quite a few but not as bad. Trichromes are milky with only a couple amber ones here and there. I keep saying I’m gonna chop them every day but trying to get a few more amber trichromes. I just hate it that they have seeds , that’s what I meant by ruined and a disaster.

I just hate it that they have seeds , that’s what I meant by ruined and a disaster.
OK. Back in the 70s and early 80s the seeds in weed, whether bag weed or something good was often the final stroke. It was enough to have gotten some of those smokers that we hung out with to quit. I lasted until finding quality weed even with seeds that was still decent enough to smoke was almost impossible at a realistic price.

OK. Back in the 70s and early 80s the seeds in weed, whether bag weed or something good was often the final stroke. It was enough to have gotten some of those smokers that we hung out with to quit. I lasted until finding quality weed even with seeds that was still decent enough to smoke was almost impossible at a realistic price.
I remember those days brother. Big tray and a card to de-seed our weed. Lol

Double album, tap-tap-tap-tap, open bedroom window, tilt. (Hear Pop swinging the sickle blade against the bottom of the wall two or three weeks later :rolleyes: .)

It sure was great when people figured out that whole sin semilla thing.

Back
Top Bottom