Seeking Expert Opinions

CanMan

Hi all, the photos below are from my first grow. I am growing in a 3x3 grow tent with a 400 hps light. This unknown strain (obviously indica dominant) is in its second week of flower and I truly don't know if they are looking good, bad or just as they should. I believe that I may have overcrowded the tent, there are four plants in all, the highest is stretching a bit and is about 3 feet high, I wonder if I would benefit from removing one or two of the plants in terms of yeild for the remaining plants? Anyway I would greatly appreciate any input from the many experts on this forum. I am delighted to have found this resource and hope to oneday be gain enough knowledge to join your ranks.

Thanks, CanMan

FloweWeek2.JPG

45010.JPG

44411.JPG

FloweWeek2.JPG

To be honest I haven't been the scientific about it, I know that the water I use is around 7 on the PH scale, I "mistakenly" used a Miracle Grow potting soil and since I noticed a little burn early on I was hesitant to add any additional nutrients. Once I went to flower I got some Happy Frog topical bloom booster (5-8-4) it says it lasts 30 days so I only plan to use it the one time. They seem healthy to me, but not knowing what I'm looking for my assumption has no basis in fact. Thanks for the reply!

Don't be embarssed about using Miracle Gro, I exclusively use their potting soil and have produced some very potent, and TASTY medication for myself. As long as you know that there is long-term ferts in it. The bloom booster you are choosing to use is great. I would recommend using it for 2-3 weeks atleast. Then flushing. Being in a soil medium ( it is much more non-chalant) and the differences in pH and PPM of nute solution don't matter as much as hydroponics.

As JJ said, as much info about the medium/ferts/etc. helps in seeing if there is a potential problem. But whats good about MG and soil and seeds is that you basically only need to water it, and then add a little extra P during flowering to densen up the buds.

They are in,fact healthy and doing fine. All I would recommend really is to make sure humidity is about 50-60 percent if possible, and keep the temperature constant between 70-80. And one final recommendation that I would do, is I would start pruning the lower (hopefully yellowing) leaves, a little bit everyday. Not only does this allow better air circulation from the bottom up ( which helps eliminate mold probability), it will provide more fresh CO2 that it needs an abundance of during flowering. Furthermore, it will aid in densening up the buds through thermodynamic flow of energy.

Just keep monitoring, add some bloom booster for a while. Watch them swell, and beware of pests. Other than that Happy Harvesting and good Luck with getting to the finish line.

A dose of lower pruning and bloom booster is IMO, the thing to do. I just noticed you said its "topical" bloom booster. I have no experience with that and I do not like foliar spraying ( some people love it ). However You'll need someone else's input for a topical bloom booster. I was thinking more of a diluted nute solution to be applied systemically.

Indeed, I'm glad I could offer my insight to you. However, i DONT grow indoors, so containing this life form into small spaces is more geared towards the expert LSTer. You can follow the directions as given, and I'm sure it will produce some kind of effect. Howver I would have used a little less at first to see how the plant reacts. All in all, nothing to worry about other than the limited spatial availability.

Best of Luck

can't really tell alot from the pics ,.the top looks great, the color i cant really tell , the wrinkling on the leave tips is a def sign of nute issue,your room is gonna get much more crowded before your done, but you can bend and push em into corners,,THEY always get to big,but thats a good thing.. nothing wrong with the miracle grow potting soil,it's a little hot .I dump small amounts out in my wheel barrow ,and pickout most of the fertlizer beads, it doesnt really take long, but I'v since found miralce grow "organic" potting soil, and am useing some now and have'nt had any issues at all , I also use nothing but rain water.

I would say to much , A great tool here is in the "growroom" under, "plant problems pests and disease control" lots of pics to compare with, and remedies for issues you might have. check it out

Back
Top Bottom