Unknown Indica Tent Grow - 2012

CanMan

Hi folks, starting this late because I just recently discovered this great site, and because if my first grow was a miserable failure I didn't want to share. :thumb:

So like I mentioned in the title I really don't know what strain this is, as it was my first I used some seeds I had laying around, although they are obviously a indica dominant judging by the leaves and plant size.

This is an indoor grow in a 3' x 3' grow tent with a 400w hps light. I have two fans running, one for outflow and one for in, this has allowed my to maintain the temps to around 80 degrees fh. I started with six seeds planted in a miracle grow potting mix, germinated the seeds right there in the mix after soaking overnight in water. Of the six, five germinated and stayed in a vegetative grow for four weeks. After a week or so one of the plants started showing obvious signs of masculinity, so his little life was cut very short.

On the day of this posting the girls are on day 29 of flower, and so far all has gone very well, no pests and just a little burn from the nutrients in the miracle grow. I did add some Happy Frog bloom booster about a week ago which seemed to be received well (this one is a topical fert that is sprinkled onto the top of the soil and feeds for 30 days). Watering every third day seems to be just the right amount of hydration. As to PH, I only know that the spring water I use to water is around 7, other then that I haven't paid that much attention.

I am a bit concerned that some of the pistols seem to be turning colors (tannish brown) already. I was under the impression that this change didn't happen until later in the cycle.

Anyway, ihope you enjoy the pics and I welcome any comments or feedback you may have.

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_36_PM.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_34_PM.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_33_PM_1_.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_33_PM.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_30_PM_1_.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_30_PM.jpg

Photo_Oct_17_6_50_28_PM.jpg

if it can hold itself up just take some cling wrap or tape and wrap the break as best as you can. if it cant do what I said and then stake it up. then pray. and as an after thought always water an hour before you try to Lst that way the plant will be more flexible.
I hope she makes it:)

Oh by the way your ladies look sweet:)

Howdy CanMan. your girls are looking very nice. As Fish says support the stem and wrap the break. there's a good chance it will heal. These babies are quite the plant and will amaze you at times. I hope this all works out for you. Nice job

How's it going Canman?

Hi Amelia, thanks for asking!

Flower day 39

Finally got myself one of those hand held microscopes, Radio Shack $13, any way I can see that the Trichomes are standing tall and clear as can be. I understand that it's best to wait until most if not all have turned cloudy, but not reddish. I have to admit my curiosity got the better of me and I snipped a little bud for a test, given that they are not ripened and I took no time to cure, I must say it wasn't too bad, not great, but not bad. Definitely harsh, bud a buzz was found in that immature buddling.-

Still no more nutes added, but growth does seem to have slowed (it also may be the fact that I check them 3 time a day : ). The broken stem does not seem to have had much if any negative affects, at least none that I can tell. Thanks for the advice.-

Photo to follow soon.

now that you got the scope you can get all gigy with it, lots of fun lookin.
you want to wait at the minimum for the trichs to all be cloudy. thats going to give you that (I want to do something high) but if you wait for them to begin to get amber in color thats when you get the (holy buckets I'am so stonded) buzz.
once they start to get cloudy watch them every day because they will ripen like a tomato on the vine. real quick.
you may wish to sample again some where in between to see if thats the kind of high that you desire:)

now that you got the scope you can get all gigy with it, lots of fun lookin.
you want to wait at the minimum for the trichs to all be cloudy. thats going to give you that (I want to do something high) but if you wait for them to begin to get amber in color thats when you get the (holy buckets I'am so stonded) buzz.
once they start to get cloudy watch them every day because they will ripen like a tomato on the vine. real quick.
you may wish to sample again some where in between to see if thats the kind of high that you desire:)

Thanks for that, I like the holy bucket effect! Mainly use to treat my insomnia and such. Great to hear from you.

cool to hear from you and your grow!!
If you cant sleep then the more amber the better :circle-of-love:

Can't wait to see some more pics. Oh I am jealous, I love the sound of those M.scopes. I only have a jewellers loupe, but it'll do the job I expect :)

you can get currency scopes that are 60x100 for like 3 dollars a pice off e bay they have led lights and infared for lighting. but if you order get several because it costs more for the batteries then it does just to throw the whole thing away:)

Those are looking sweet CanMan. time for excitement :cheer::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom