MightyMonte88 Soil Unknown Strain 2013 First Grow

Mhhmm. That picture is great.
Pistils are hairs right?

Ok i was wrong, all three plants were still showing signs of struggling, and one was allot worse than i had previously thought. So i flushed all three, now when should i feed them next? I have been feeding the plants but only every 10 days, the last feed was 5 days ago i think, and i'm following the Miracle grow feeding guide i found in the Nutes guide on here.

Here's a pic of the worst plant
IMG_007726.JPG

Right now im watering once a day, about a week ago from seedling i was watering three times a day in small dosses.

for feeding, i didnt feed at all during Veg, and till now i've been feeding only once every 10 days. I'm not sure what the millilitres per gallon are, i just mix 1 Table spoon per gallon. Because i'm using Mircale Grow soil i'm also using Micrale Grow feed, All purpose plant food and Bloom Booster.

I'll post a link to the exact guide i've been following.
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Scroll down to "FOR MIRACLE GROW NUTES :"

this is what the guide says

FOR MIRACLE GROW NUTES :

If you really MUST use Miracle Grow Nutes or Soil cuz there isn't anything else available (cost can't be a reason, MG is about the same price as some organics !)

THEN USE THIS GUIDE PLEASE!!!

(enough for 2-3 plants .. just use more jugs for more plants!)
Get regular miracle grow (Not tomato or Rose food or azalea formula!)
AND Blossom Booster (or Schultz Professional Bloom food)
get 2- 1 gallon jugs of spring water from the store (about $1 each)
and an empty jug. Mark them (A) (B) & (C) --- (B) is the empty jug!

in the 1st jug (A) mix the MG at 1/4 the recomended rate for indoor plants.

In the 2nd jug (C), mix at 1/2 stregnth for indoor plants.

pour 1/2 of both into the empty jug (B)

Now-- when your plants get their 3rd set of leaves, feed once every 10 days. Start with (A) for the 1st 2 feed... then (B).. and end-up with (C) the week before you go 12/12.

FLUSH YOUR PLANTS WITH 5 GALLONS OF CLEAR WATER BEFOR GOING 12/12!

MG builds up-- and will lock-up as you add the stronger bloom nutes!
as the final part of the flush-- pour in a couple pints of your new bloom nutes (see below)

Do the same with your bloom nutes, Mix ahead in larger amounts... BUT--mix Jug (A) at 1/2 rate, Jug (C) at full stregnth-- and (B) the 2 mixed.

Start with (A) the 1st day of 12/12, then again in 10 days,
then switch to (B). Do not switch to (C) until the week before you flush for harvest!
when the trichomes just start turning cloudy, give em their last dose. In 10 days, check the trichs again.. if not all cloudy, you can feed again-- But go back to (B)

MAKE SURE TO FLUSH WELL AND WAIT THE FULL 2 WEEKS TO HARVEST!

You need to flush all the Nitrogen and magnesium out of the plants-- so Flush them well, put back in the bloom room the full 2 weeks till harvest, water as needed .. but absolutely no nutes or foliar sprays!

IF you foliar fed during the grow-- be sure to use a sprayer of water to gently shower it off the plants! (also gets rid of dead bugs & dust stuck to the buds!)

USING MG SOIL IS NEVER RECOMENDED!!
it has TIME RELEASED nutes-- so flushing is impossible... and you do not know how much nutes are being released or used by the plants.
If yYou Used MG soil, do NOT nute at all during veg... and use only additional P-K and suppliments without "N" during bloom...
And pre-harvest flushing can NOT be done on the normal 2 week schedule because of the time released nutes-- you must emergency flush when the trichs are how ya want em...

Cut the plant off at soil level. Place plant in a bucket with enough PLAIN tapwater to cover the base, but not touch lower limbs or vegetation....

Add a bubbler to the bucket to help "fool" the plant into thinking it is still alive (this only works up to 4 days before they wilt!)
Tthe plant will now use the nutrients stored in it's system . Leave under the lights at least 2 days-- up to 4 (3 is the usual amount)
IF you are one who puts their plants in the dark the last 3 days, give em at least 24 hours under lights before ya do... the photosynthesis will help the plant flush out unused nitrogen.

When using MG Fertilizer (as well as Schultz or Peter's ) Watch for:
Clawing
brown dry spots
crinckling leaves
pale new growth
Yellowing

if these happen, flush the plant, and wait 2-3 days before feeding again.
If Using MG soil and this happens, your best route is to re-plant in a bigger planter with different soil... DO NOT try to remove the existing soil from the roots of the plant!!!!

at the bottom of the Miracle Gro guide it says
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When using MG Fertilizer (as well as Schultz or Peter's ) Watch for:
Clawing
brown dry spots
crinckling leaves
pale new growth
Yellowing

if these happen, flush the plant, and wait 2-3 days before feeding again.
If Using MG soil and this happens, your best route is to re-plant in a bigger planter with different soil... DO NOT try to remove the existing soil from the roots of the plant!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you are able to transplant to larger size pots and new soil i would do that now.

spimp, still no PH meter man, budgets tight right now.

John, i can't repott yet and probably won't be able too for these plants, but i want to start my second grow right after i harvest and i plan to use much better soil+feed.

So what do i do if the plants condition continues to deteriorate over the next few days?

you are probably feeding too heavy still. use a lot less nutrient in your solution next time.

if you recently flushed all plants, theres no reason to flush again. let them dry out and recover. a very very mild nutrient solution should be sitting at their roots at this point, something like .5 ec which is like 300-400 ppm.

Thanks for all the info guys, yall have been a big help.

Small update, one plant seems to be coming around. I havn't seen any change in the new growth but i think about 1/2-3/4 of the hairs on the buds are doing what they should be..
IMG_008926.JPG

IMG_008031.JPG

Alright other than the buds/flowers, the cnodition of the plants has not improved and i believe is again getting worse. There's no new growth and any new growth that was present (at the bottoms of the plants, new leaves...ect) has died off, and more leaves continue to yellow and die.

I havn't fed the plants at all since the flush, or since 5 days before the flush.

Any thoughts on what i should do? I figure if i have to harvest early at least the plants are flushed out and made it a good deal of the way.

Day 84
temps and hum still average

Stacks, no gnats or anything like that. Nothing to do damage the roots that i know of, i think the plants are having a hard time because of the soil i used.
I'll upload some pictures tomorrow, the buds look ok but pretty much all of the leaves on one plant have alittle bit of burn and yellowing.

So how do i know when to harvest??

Back
Top Bottom