Newbie First Time Grow in Soil - Unknown Strain

Re: Newbie First Time Grow in Soil, Unknown Strain

so since putting it into flowering i have only 1 plant left and its a girl it has grown an additional 2 inches up to 26inches up from 22
its_a_girl_3.jpg
its_a_girl_2.jpg
its_a_girl_.jpg

i tried to get the best pics of the hairs that i have seen i checked every branch and i dont see ny signs of hermie at all which im really surprised about
tell me what you think

Looking good frosty Only one huh? Well thats better than none lol. She looks good there and probably is likeing all the light to herself now. It might help spreading her out to even the canopy for more yeild. I wonder how long she will continue the stretch and may need to flower, I have been running clones of same strain and still havent figured it yet,It has alot to do with no mag and all just by eye and being to antsy on picking so I just bought one off Amazon A jewelers loupe 40 x 25 w/ a led for less than $3 No shipping either. I hope it makes it since it could have a major impact on my grows on harvest time and spotting stuff before it becomes noticeable to my bum eyes / if it dont come no big loss
KEEP HER GREEN :thumb:

what do you mean by spreading her out? and i dont know what strain this is closet

what do you mean by spreading her out? and i dont know what strain this is closet
Well I guess that low stress training so to not stunt anything. SImple stringing tieng branches pulling them horizontally some , mostly the tallest longest ones, That should even out the canopy more level, giving equal light intensity to more sites and letting lower sites get more light. I hope that helps some, I was just suggesting, I dont know what she looks like now in there like a full shot but Ive tried that before evening out the canopy and had nice results of getting more decent/equal size buds other than one huge topper that gets all the growth hormone by getting the most light. I wish I could explain that better with proper names but if you level it out the hormone spreads out too. Strain shouldnt matter too much I guess, you mite be in a position just to tie over the main stem to the level of some prime lower branches. Then as you go on you could tuck fans under to unshade sites or snip em when needed. Its all about having the light hit the bud sites for bigger buds in the end.:slide:

no that does help me understand it more i think i will give it a shot, i mean it cant hurt unless of course the branches break or something but just by touching them they feel sturdy so ill give that a try

full_shot1.jpg

i tried to make the pic upright but it wouldnt let me so im sorry but gotta deal with it like this

full_shot1.jpg

i tried to make the pic upright but it wouldnt let me so im sorry but gotta deal with it like this
Man shes huge and looking Awesome. I pictured her differently. You would have to tie over the main but she looks thick and tough and could snap. You could supercrop it by bending/folding it overto the height you want at the stem with a 90 but thats high stress and could stunt growth just a little but also works and does same benifit. Then theres topping or fimming that would send your lowers growing madly too. AND research it more here before following my words I am not pro dude and for sure dont want to f up this

from my last grow they heal well if you snap or crack
My issue mostly with B1 and her light leaves doesnt seem to have worsened. I have noticed bud growth on her in width some since I lightly flushed her on 2/20 lightly with 2 gal tap water. A2 I also flushed with 2 gals too and then I gasped for air when I was putting her back in the closet and heard that snap sound and seen this
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/005990.JPG
I grbbed sum tape and and did this
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/006857.JPG
the next morning the branch fell again from that poor tape job so I lifted it again and squeezed the tape more tighter and a few hours later she dropped again then I lifted her agin and used a pipe cleaner for support off main. this branch has a topper with size and height of the best on there and was hopeing that branch makes it. Today looking at branch I see no signs of death 3 days after a pretty major break hanging on barely!
She lived to harvest unaffected to me that branch seemed

To supercrop her close to the 2x4s where thers a couple nice branches you would pick the spot on the stem and lightly squeeze and roll some between finger and thumb to weaken stem and fold over at that spot in teh direction that is best looking and not shading the most within hours for me or overnight the very tip will grow upfacing light and the bent stem will eventually form a rounded calyst there at bend. She may keep rising the branch that is back to position on light bends this early for you. Later in flower With more buds on it (heavier) it would be a worse stunt I would say. If you tried and it made snapped sound thats OK if the stem looks like it split in half there or looks real rough then you should tape her to help support the branch, it shouldnt be hanging straight down just bent horizontily.

im back again with some more updated photos of budding and here they are
budding_2.jpg
budding_1.jpg

i also put in different light fixtures that had the socket that allowed the bulbs to be horizontal as opposed to the latter hope you guys like it let me know what you think

alright guys im back and as we all know that once we get into the flowering phase its all a matter of.....WAITING!!!!! I love it :rofl: no seriously i hate waiting but none the less here are some pics for ya my girl is in her 21st day of flowering and here she is looking pretty frosty in some areas
flowering_day_211.jpg
flowering_day_20_21.jpg
flowering_day_201.jpg

these are just a few pics let me know what you all think

+ reps Frosty on your grow:high-five: She is looking frosty, Good job keeping her green n healthy bro:thumb:

Hey I was rereading my stuff and Im sorry for trying to hard on adviseing my thoughts dude. The waiting part does suck but she is gonna reward ya at the end of 5 or more weeks. I finally got a loupe to check my girls for harvest time on my grows now and that will be another learning exp for me finding what I like best:goodluck::peacetwo:

its all good closet i appreciate your willingness to help out i didnt take any offense at all as always any thoughts and opinions are great in my opinion thnx for staying tuned this whole time :high-five:

thnx for stopping in kingjohn

I have been following your grow journal. Looks like your doing a fine job, too bad you didn't get more girls for your plants. But the one you have is really green and standing strong. And the nugs are looking very nice... good job :goodjob:

For your next grow...eliminate all the MG products, stay with the fox farm soil, and maybe think of adding some Co2 and you might even increase your yield even more... Happy everything worked out for you Bro'

:Namaste:

thnx mango yea the MG was really a last resort i dont like anything that has chemical nutes in it that i cant keep track of so trust me when i say this, i was glad to be rid of it and into some real quality organic soil and using organic nutes, fox farm will be what i use from now on, i just got some light warrior to start my next batch here really soon, it will be blue dream and i cant wait to start im not sure how i would add Co2 without a tank and i hear that using the yeast sugar water mix isnt really worth it..... putting a tank in the grow box would probably take up a lot of space...... any ideas?

For the tank and the equipment..and the cost??? ... maybe for right now the yeast and sugar will suit your needs. If you have access to some dry ice, you could put a block in the freezer and just knock off a couple of chips to run in the morning when Co2 is uptaken the most in a day...I am in the same boat as you, and dry ice is hella cheap. Compared to the average grow calling for something like 40 lbs. of sugar.
But your doing a fine job from what I see ... anything extra is icing on the cake!!! :thumb:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom