5 Unknown Strains - 2012 Grow

25 per plant thats all? It seems like it would yield alot more. Look at the size of those main stocks. Im very interested in that strain now :)
The big Grape Gods are way to big for this system. They are mothers for the clones for the next coco set up. They have been under HID for 4.5 weeks and have given me 32 clones from 4 mothers. It is a great starin and when it's done it has a great purple hue to them, very tight bud, great smoke. Around winner I recon.
If you look close there are new clones put in the system yesterday. They are the first round of GG clones at 14 days from cutting. I will give them 8-10 days then turn them at about 25-30 cm. they will finish at about 60cm, 25g. The big mums we go to head in the new room and I'm hoping for 150g or so per plant turned on to head at a bit bigger than they are now. Do you think I will get that much from each with the coco 28lt airpots?

You would alot more than 150g per plant. Especially if you let the roots fill out in the pots before you flip. Coco and or hydro best way to grow :thumb:

Yeh I reckon your right, hydro is the way to go, especially with the quality nutes like H&G, I use the the whole range plus fulvic at certain stages and I'm going to try no mercy GA-spray this time as an acid subprime not right at the end, it's supposed to rock!

This GA-Special Spray can be safely applied to make plants bloom richer and produce more resin. This is an effect of Gibberelic-acid (a chemical produced acid, so not an hormone preparate) which stimulates the female hormones in the plant. Apply on healthy plants only, and only during the indicated period of bloom.

Preferably use the spray shortly before you turn out the lights. You can also hang the light higher for a few hours.

A 250 ml. bottle of GA-Special Spray is enough to treat 50 plants. Spray well above the plants - do not dilute.

Spray the plants once after they have been blooming for 23 - 26 days, or 23 -26 days after you have switched the lights to 12 hours. For insiders: the change from the first to the second internode flowering is the best moment for treatment. The results will show up rapidly.

An extra week of after-blooming is necessary (adjust your nutrients, EC, watering, harvesting plans etc!). In this last week, the plant will put on more weight than in 'regular' situations. Some plants react better to 11 hours of light during the last two weeks. Some extreme Sativa's may show a tendency to hermafroditism.
No Mercy assumes no responsibility for possible side effects due to the complex hormonal activity.

Yea I'm familiar with the spray as well. I my self don't like the idea of misting my plants it clogs the pores & reduces photosynthesis. As well as it stops the roots from growing but I guess that's why you use it in flower?!

They have the same spray for veg as well. Suppose to make your plants grow alot faster.

I just switched over to some house & garden nutes. There roots excel, amino acids. H&G will soon be home for me as well

Interesting, hadn't thought of it from that side. Ill try on one plant to see differences.
I love H&G especially drip clean a d shooting powder. Changed my world

Oh you mean super cropping the main stem. Yes it works out very well. I also do this to other branches to keep an even canopy. What happens is it stops the down flow of the fluids/nutrients which most ends up going back down to the roots so when you super crop it keeps all fluids from leaving out of the plant but still allows nutrients travel up in to the plant. Which can give the explosive growth

Interesting take on what's happening.

I understand it a little differently. In its natural environment, cannabis will grow in a conical, or christmas tree, shape. To understand why, we need to look at the points of active branch/stem growth, called meristems. The main growth point, at the top of the christmas tree shaped plant, is the apical meristem. As you know, the plant's growth is governed by various hormones. One of these hormones, produced by Meristems, is a growth inhibitor and has an interesting property. It is affected by gravity, ie it will only travel down the plant. This is why so many plants grow in the classic christmas tree shape. The apical meristem, at the top of the plant, is not affected by any other meristem's hormone since it's above them all. When we bend the plant, we are physically lowering that meristem and reducing it's influence on the meristems, or nodes, below it. I'm sure you've noticed that when you tie down a branch, the new highest branch will take over as the main growth point. This also explains why topping and FIMing work. You're removing, or reducing in the case of FIMing, the amount of that hormone at the top of the plant.

I'm not sure how clear this is. I took Botany in college, and my understanding is what I took from the professor's explanation of why christmas trees look like they do. When I took the course, I had just started growing (back in the 90's), so of course I applied everything I learned to the real world example I was most familiar with. :)

It could very well be a combination of effects at play with supercropping, but I've always thought hormone regulation was the mechanism at work with this technique. :Namaste:

I understand it a little differently. In its natural environment, cannabis will grow in a conical, or christmas tree, shape. To understand why, we need to look at the points of active branch/stem growth, called meristems. The main growth point, at the top of the christmas tree shaped plant, is the apical meristem. As you know, the plant's growth is governed by various hormones. One of these hormones, produced by Meristems, is a growth inhibitor and has an interesting property. It is affected by gravity, ie it will only travel down the plant. This is why so many plants grow in the classic christmas tree shape. The apical meristem, at the top of the plant, is not affected by any other meristem's hormone since it's above them all. When we bend the plant, we are physically lowering that meristem and reducing it's influence on the meristems, or nodes, below it. I'm sure you've noticed that when you tie down a branch, the new highest branch will take over as the main growth point. This also explains why topping and FIMing work. You're removing, or reducing in the case of FIMing, the amount of that hormone at the top of the plant.

I'm not sure how clear this is. I took Botany in college, and my understanding is what I took from the professor's explanation of why christmas trees look like they do. When I took the course, I had just started growing (back in the 90's), so of course I applied everything I learned to the real world example I was most familiar with. :)

It could very well be a combination of effects at play with supercropping, but I've always thought hormone regulation was the mechanism at work with this technique. :Namaste:

Well put Hiker! Reps!

Great information, thanks. +reps

:) nice grow, hope they gave you back some love back. Good work dude, Hope your clones are all a succes.

Back
Top Bottom