Seeking help - trying again

swc19972000

I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum. I’m new to this website.

I currently live in North Carolina, and four days ago, my 9 year-old female Black Lab-Pittie mix was diagnosed with lung cancer. I am looking for a doctor/veterinarian and/or dispensary who will prescribe medical cannabis for my dog.

How can I legally get her treatment with medical cannabis?

Thank you.

I'm fairly certain medical cannabis isn't legal for people in your state... Though there are people pushing for medical, there aren't dispensaries I've heard of... So it looks like for legal options you are out of luck.

You would probably be charged with cruelty to animals, even with your good intentions.

I'm no animal expert, but since things like chocolate and onions have a very different effect on dogs... I don't know, I don't think it would be dangerous ( hell, there are many fools that force their pets to get high)... But it may not have the same effects, dosage obviously will be different...

I don't know. I got marinol in NC, that's about all that you can get legally as of now. Maybe I'm out of the loop on information... But I think even with legal MMJ, you will get a lot of funny looks and "no"'s from vets..like, No, we can't prescribe that, only people doctors can... I would be surprised if pets are on the compassion block for MMJ, when people barely are.

A fellow member, Motoco 1982, posted a reply to another thread that they knew of veterinarians in Southern California who administer cannabis concentrated oil in cases of cancer. I am willing to travel to one of the 11 states where it's currently legal in order to get her treatment.

Back
Top Bottom