Seeking help with bud formation problems, please help - TIA!

samkh

420 Member
Hello everyone, i am growing outdoor in Thailand. In my recently grow, I have issues about bud formation with AK-47 strains (nearly 100% plants of this strain have this problem) while other strains (from the same seed bank) are well developed despite providing them with same nutrients, soil, watering schedule, environment.... (same area).

This problem happened 3 times even after trying strains from 3 different seed banks (if i have this problem i will find new strains from another seed bank because it costs me a lot of money and efforts).

I have grown successfully in this area for years and sometimes this problem happened and i still don't know how to deal with. ( i have attached some pictures from the recently grow below)

Can anyone show me how or give me any advices? TIA.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

1.jpg

It looks like an underfed, stressed out plant. The three finger leaves with skinny growth is definitely a sign of major stress. Since I’m unfamiliar with the geographic region I’ll tag the overseas grower I know, @NickHardy

It looks like an underfed, stressed out plant. The three finger leaves with skinny growth is definitely a sign of major stress. Since I’m unfamiliar with the geographic region I’ll tag the overseas grower I know, @NickHardy
Thank you so much for your support, the plants have heat stress but only this strain has poor bud development but other strains are still doing well ( white widow, banana kush), i will take some pictures tomorrow to compare

Thank you so much for your support, the plants have heat stress but only this strain has poor bud development but other strains are still doing well ( white widow, banana kush), i will take some pictures tomorrow to compare

Some strains are more resilient and others are less tolerant to heat.. generally Sativas will tolerate the heat better than indicas.. @NickHardy will be able to give you much better advice, specific to your region.. Even here in the USA, advice can vary from region to region, especially outdoors. Make sure you check his response above

You came to the right place though.. there’s an enormous wealth of knowledge here unlike anywhere else I’ve seen. We’ll get you squared away

I would say, and I’m no outdoor grower but I have been to some really big operations that you have two problems.

One is yellow leaf spot and one is critters eating. The solution is probably Neam - there’s some decent choices on Lazada. But it will screw your buds taste you get it on them now.

They look a bit underfed, stress from the weather unless your up high the weather has been a bit rubbish of late. My mate grew 4000 White Widow, White Russian and AK47 in Chiang Mai full outdoor autos. He had way more spacing between plants. They look a bit close for outdoor to me.

Maybe tell you some more with more photos?

Nick

Bang up the Cal Mag. 2ml/L maybe as high as 2.5.

Pretty sure its Yellow leaf spot there as well though.

Yellow Leaf Spot Linkage Serious Seeds have a great new Outdoor bred strain. Serious 7. Worth a look maybe. They reckon its ideal for Thailand. And def re veg the good ones and clone from them.

Get some Neem or the copper based stuff on them before they flip next time?

Nick

I would say, and I’m no outdoor grower but I have been to some really big operations that you have two problems.

One is yellow leaf spot and one is critters eating. The solution is probably Neam - there’s some decent choices on Lazada. But it will screw your buds taste you get it on them now.

They look a bit underfed, stress from the weather unless your up high the weather has been a bit rubbish of late. My mate grew 4000 White Widow, White Russian and AK47 in Chiang Mai full outdoor autos. He had way more spacing between plants. They look a bit close for outdoor to me.

Maybe tell you some more with more photos?

Nick
Thank you so much but Banana Kush (the pictures below) with high % Indica still doing well with the environment forming buds really decent. I have this issue in the past, bud can’t develop even though i change to different seed banks ( 3 times with 3 seed banks). I don’t know where it comes from, i ask the seed banks but they told me about nutrients deficiency. But this is not the first time i have grown using these strains.

FB2E8432-A119-4276-89AF-D4B5A4B6A616.jpeg

Nice buds there!

Yeah I agree - there are some deficiencies. Start by bumping the Cal Mag - its a good baseline. Get some Bloom/Flower additive in there.

But sure you also have a bacterial/spore thing there. That lives in the soil and can pop up and hit just bits of a grow across strains and across grows.

Check out the link I posted.

Nick

Nice buds there!

Yeah I agree - there are some deficiencies. Start by bumping the Cal Mag - its a good baseline. Get some Bloom/Flower additive in there.

But sure you also have a bacterial/spore thing there. That lives in the soil and can pop up and hit just bits of a grow across strains and across grows.

Check out the link I posted.

Nick
Thank you so much for your support. I have read the link you sent but other plants are grown with same technique and environment, they have yellow leaves symptoms too. However they still can develop( as the pictures i just sent) bud but only AK47’s buds are underdeveloped. I had this symptoms years ago while growing indoor so i am trying to find solution for this.( this is from another seed banks but have the same problem)

53C20FB0-9821-4AB8-BCAA-7365549CF83B.jpeg

DA71ED39-E3CE-4C34-98B0-6212590CFD2F.jpeg

A993602F-5F58-443E-AF24-EDD9AE4A2271.jpeg

7CCE99FA-395B-4DA9-BD3B-22A27583B2C4.jpeg

D245C185-075B-4D7A-BDA9-659E7732F83D.jpeg

Below is outdoor (Chiang Mai) grown AK47. By a master grower. Like really as good as anyone on the planet.

Wouldn’t grow AK47 outdoor again, sativas here end up really stringy and airy buds unless you hammer them for 12 weeks indoor flower. But that’s not outdoors.

Do you Ph your nutes after you mix them? Or you’re in soil and its buffering? The plants look just generally like you aren’t getting the feed right.

Different phenos different shapes, different resiliencies. Clone the best each time and you’ll get a strain perfectly suited to your spot.

Nick

IMG_4845.jpeg

IMG_4846.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom