Help me please

Mad Inventor

420 Member
Hi, I am a new member. My first time attempting to post here with questions I desperately and urgently need answers, please help me. Tia.
BACKGROUND INFO:
I have around 10yrs experience at growing indoors but this was 5 years ago last time I grew before this new attempt with Coco which I've never used before. Normally would use expanded clay. I am self taught with knowledge acquired from reading plus trial and error.

I am 31days into flowering cycle after 26 days of grow cycle. First time using Coco. Run to waste system.
25litre pots. Pot inside pot. 2 X 600w HPS lights running 12 on and 12 off. Has not been any interruption of night cycle. Good ventilation. Max temp- 25.4 deg Celcius min temp- 21.4 Max humidity-57-RH. Min humidity- 44 rh. Ph- 5.8 to 6.0. using tap water unfortunately with EC of 0.6 and current EC in reservoir is a total reading of 2.5 after adding bloom nutrients plus pk additives and root stimulator. I'm hand watering as I have had heaps of trouble getting correct watering using pump and timer. I flush every 7 days with 2litres of tap water pH adjusted to 5.8. there is 4
16525969932396609661888148416513.jpg
16525971052192654733536721477031.jpg
plants trained around 2 nets. Strain is white rhino and yes, all 4 plants are same strain. Grown from clones that I got from elsewhere. Tent is 2mx2mx 2m high. Only using half the tent this grow so 2 square metres of plants.
PROBLEMS:
3 days ago I noticed that a few tips of buds were stretching up dramatically compared to other heads that look great, nice and compact, covering the stem area from vision. Over last 3 days a lot more heads have shooted upwards looking leggy and exposing the stem growth between internodes. Last night I noticed some leaf curl also going on with the stretching heads. Leaves effected are curling upwards along edges of some shadies below tip. And other leaves effected are the new growth- single fingers leaves on leggy heads, leaves are curling downward at the ends or tips of leaves. Also noticed some older shade leaves have a dark red to purple coloured Stem. I have moved the lights up much higher yesterday after seeing leaf curl and flushed more than I usually would at same time. I will attempt to include photographs for assistance in diagnosing. Thankyou for your assistance my fellow grow friends.

16525972064857461217834086715125.jpg

16525973563001456852651713861550.jpg

Hi, I am a new member. My first time attempting to post here with questions I desperately and urgently need answers, please help me. Tia.
BACKGROUND INFO:
I have around 10yrs experience at growing indoors but this was 5 years ago last time I grew before this new attempt with Coco which I've never used before. Normally would use expanded clay. I am self taught with knowledge acquired from reading plus trial and error.

I am 31days into flowering cycle after 26 days of grow cycle. First time using Coco. Run to waste system.
25litre pots. Pot inside pot. 2 X 600w HPS lights running 12 on and 12 off. Has not been any interruption of night cycle. Good ventilation. Max temp- 25.4 deg Celcius min temp- 21.4 Max humidity-57-RH. Min humidity- 44 rh. Ph- 5.8 to 6.0. using tap water unfortunately with EC of 0.6 and current EC in reservoir is a total reading of 2.5 after adding bloom nutrients plus pk additives and root stimulator. I'm hand watering as I have had heaps of trouble getting correct watering using pump and timer. I flush every 7 days with 2litres of tap water pH adjusted to 5.8. there is 4
plants trained around 2 nets. Strain is white rhino and yes, all 4 plants are same strain. Grown from clones that I got from elsewhere. Tent is 2mx2mx 2m high. Only using half the tent this grow so 2 square metres of plants.
PROBLEMS:
3 days ago I noticed that a few tips of buds were stretching up dramatically compared to other heads that look great, nice and compact, covering the stem area from vision. Over last 3 days a lot more heads have shooted upwards looking leggy and exposing the stem growth between internodes. Last night I noticed some leaf curl also going on with the stretching heads. Leaves effected are curling upwards along edges of some shadies below tip. And other leaves effected are the new growth- single fingers leaves on leggy heads, leaves are curling downward at the ends or tips of leaves. Also noticed some older shade leaves have a dark red to purple coloured Stem. I have moved the lights up much higher yesterday after seeing leaf curl and flushed more than I usually would at same time. I will attempt to include photographs for assistance in diagnosing. Thankyou for your assistance my fellow grow friends.
Good morning @Mad Inventor hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Your garden looks great.
Couple things, Purple stems are fine don't worry.
Leaf curl and dark leaves is from too much Nitrogen in your mix.
She doesn't need as much Nitrogen now.
Cut it back.
Single finger leaves worry me though.
Do you have a light leak or a timer problem.
That happens when they reveg.
Also stop flushing Coco.
Drain to waste systems don't need flushed.
Also never give plain water in coco.
Nutrients every time at 5.8, no water ever.
As far as the excessive budding goes that is probably just the strain.
Not a bad thing, they will fill in and be huge colas for you.
But but but none of that matters if your garden is revegging.
Check for light leaks or timer issues first.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

BACKGROUND INFO:

PROBLEMS:

16525972064857461217834086715125.jpg

16525973563001456852651713861550.jpg
Hey @Mad Inventor :ciao: you have 3 posts with the same question.
When you post at 2 am it may take time to get an answer.
Be patient, we will all jump in as soon as we see the post.
Multiple posts just cause confusion.
I gave you an answer on your other post.
No water!
Cut nitrogen back!
Check your light , possible reveg issue!
Talk soon.

Bill

So sorry i didn't realise that I had tripped up. Time is different here, oops. I have just read your email notification, thankyou so much for your advice. I went and checked my timers thinking that they were fine, well you were dead right. I can't believe I didn't check earlier. One light timer has been knocked and was coming on for 15mins halfway through the night cycle. I've fixed now. I will stop flushing with water also. Thanku so much.

So sorry i didn't realise that I had tripped up. Time is different here, oops. I have just read your email notification, thankyou so much for your advice. I went and checked my timers thinking that they were fine, well you were dead right. I can't believe I didn't check earlier. One light timer has been knocked and was coming on for 15mins halfway through the night cycle. I've fixed now. I will stop flushing with water also. Thanku so much.
It's all good my friend.
It happens now and then.
I'm usually up pretty early if you need anything just message me like this @Bill284 .
If you get a chance start a journal, I'll follow along till harvest just in case.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom