Day 15, leaf clawing & curling & yellowing spots: please help

Sticky Nugs

420 Member
Hey everybody. I am on my first attempt, and pretty worried i messed up my babies. They are on day 15 from breaking soil. I transplanted on day 9, they started showing symptoms about a day before transplant. Like 3 of was clawing/curling down, and looked wrinkly. And 2 i noticed had small yellowish spots on the leaves, not starting from tips. Closest i could find online was overwatering + too much light on the curling and most pics i found show symptom starting with tips on yellowing. Only nutes im using atm are FF big bloom at little under 1/2 strength every 3rd watering. I did find out i had my lights too close for the first 6 days and raised them from 12" to 22" (600w FS LED) any help would be greatly appreciated! Heres some pics:

Symptoms(about day 11)

20200309_012109.jpg20200309_012138.jpg20200309_012205.jpg20200309_012157.jpg20200311_074428.jpg

Currently(day 15) -

20200311_080558.jpg20200313_063816.jpg20200313_063840.jpg

Attachments

• 20200307_070649.jpg
    20200307_070649.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 121
Hiya @Sticky Nugs I'd suggest adding some cal/mag, also Grow Big gives alot of the N in the FF trio, think you might be missing something there. They certainly look energetic! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Omg thank you so much @Pbass your the only person to help me out in the past week, out of 2 different forums lol. I have had cal/mag the whole time incase i needed it. Couldnt find much on cal/mag use in soil grows... will look up how much to use, and will add for next watering. And yeah they seem to be getting better since transplant and watering with plain ro water. Again thanks very much man! Also should i start working in Grow Big along with Big Bloom?

No prob SN sometimes things happen a bit slow around here, but we're ususall pretty good! I think my cal/mag said 1-2tsp per gallon but I upped it to 3tsp for every gallon of water I pour, no matter if it's nute water or just "plain" water. Also every gallon gets a tablespoon of vinegar because the PH of my water is about 7.5 and the vinegar brings it down under 7. We need have our soil PH around 7 and it tends to creep up on it's own. I'll link the Fox Farms feeding schedule in a sec...I use it loosely, but do go by it with dates and measurements. I only use the Fox Farms Trio and Wholly Mackerel though, because that's what they sell in my grocery store! The chart says feed two times per week, but I usually push my plants and feed every round, and I only water when the girls want, not on a set schedule. I do water with just plain (cal/mag and vinegar) water too, but usually only if I think I'm pushing them too hard with the nutes.

PS: One thing to keep in mind also is we are typically seeing the effects of what we did last week or the week before when we are looking at our plants today, and certain plants can be more finicky than others, all problems don't necessarily need to be addressed with change. Lots of times I'm just letting my girls grow right past their little issues without even thinking about them.

fox soil chart.jpg

@Pbass @Canadadoes thank you both very much! Had no idea cal/mag was safe to use every watering. Next time i water will def have cal/mag in it. One of them seems to be getting worse, yellowing from tips now. Will probably hold off on using nutes again, only cal/mag. Havent been watering on schedule, been going by weight of pots dry/wet. Also only using ro water until my case of bottled water is gone. will try to get a couple gallons of spring water But will most likely switch to tap after that. It runs about 7.3 here, will try to get a ph adjusting kit soon.

Heres. Couple pics from today.

20200315_090533.jpg20200315_090526.jpg20200315_090521.jpg

No problem, I use strictly RO water because my place is on a water softener. RO water is basically stripped of calcium. It’s easier to start with 8ppm and add from that if you want to monitor your TDS that aswell. I start nutes between 15-21 days above soil. Depending on how the plant looks. As far as I was saying about LED. I once read an article once about wavelengths and calcium on a quantum physics level. It stated that LED causes calcium to ionize at 423nm causing it to bind to other elements. Rendering it immobile to to certain extent. Therefore growing under a wavelength that includes 423nm would cause a slight lockout of calcium and more would need to be added to counteract the ones that bonded to other elements.

Once again thank you guys very much @Pbass And @Canadadoes added cal/mag to my water solution when i watered, was about 5 days ago. They blew up afterwards, and didnt see any yellow spots on the newer leaves. I still do have an issue, on 2 of them the bigger fan leaves are curling upwards. Almost folding in the middle. Not sure what this is? Will be watering with plain water + cal/mag tonight. Also after i calibrated my ph meter, if i let my tap water sit out for about 1 hour the ph is at 6.7. Lights where about 19 - 20" moved it up to 22". Also spaced them apart some to get better airflow. Any ideas whats causing the cupping?

20200321_235207.jpg
20200321_235200.jpg
20200322_092642.jpg

Great job @Sticky Nugs things are looking good! Are all of them cupping or just some? I get cupping somtimes but usually later in the game, its like a friggin wind tunnel in the condo with my shitty fans...so I'd guess light/temp/wind. Whats your fan situation like and I think light could go higher. What's the actual draw from the wall on that light?

I have similar situation. My lights are at 48" I have 2 1000w Nextlight Mega's.
My temps are consistent within 74 to 79° and 45% the. Not all my pots (I have 14) but a few. They are at 4 weeks. Like to hear your thoughts guys. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_211620301_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200323_211620301_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
You know as I ponder further I also think I experience issues below the surface of the soil that may be contributing to these symptoms at least for me. Tomorrow I'm gonna pop some of the girls out of their pots and see what the roots look like. I often forget I often rootbind my girls as often as rough up the other edges of my techniques and habits. Plus I seem to struggle with endless low grade insect infestation of many flavors.

What I guess I'm realizing (or accepting) is when I look inward I see a kinda lazy slob just doing the minimum on a lot of plants instead of focusing more effort on less plants. Maybe you wrote this post for me @Sticky Nugs ! I'll let you guys know what it looks like under the hood in a bit. Cheers! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom