Seems like all the seed sellers/breeders are rubbish!

Gazzatron

Hello 420.
I decided to make this thread because I have a few questions I need answered and was hoping some of the more experienced growers might help me out.

I've been doing a lot of research on feminized seeds and the seed companies and I'm even more confused than when I started. (Altho GHS seems to have a universally bad rep?)

What I'm basically trying to do is find a fully legit, 4 or 5 strains of some feminized seeds. Preferably short flowering times and indica dom altho that's not as important for the outdoor grow.
Seeds that Germ well, don't hermi and are fairly.... was going to say stable but think uniform is probably the better word for it.

I've read so many forums, sites and reviews it's starting to do my head in. On one forum their will be people saying dinafem are the best for fem seeds but then there will be another one saying they are rubbish. And the same thing will happen for the next 50 sites/breeders some will say are good and some will say are crap.

So has any anyone out there got a strain or multiple strains they can rely on and would like to share that info with me?

I have 2 strains in mind so far..... Nirvana Fem Papaya and Bomb THC Bomb Fem

I'd appreciate all the help I can get!!!

Cheers
Gazzatron

IMO, all people will have a good or bad experience so your going to read good and bad reviews of all. Some of it may be the breeder, some of it may be the grower. The problem is when mixing genetics there is no guarantee your going to get exactly what you want. No one can confirm the genetics of the seeds 100% (in my opinion)... its like people, just because i reproduce does not mean all of my children are exactly the same. They are not playing god here, they are making seeds. My suggestion is pick a seed company that people generally talk about or you have heard of, example,, nirvana seems to have a name for itself, I have heard it many times, but I am not so familiar with Cannabiogen Seeds. I am not saying they are no good, but I personally have not read much about them. The other thing you could do is go to herbies head shop and have a look at their top 20 feminized seeds.....

Thanks for the reply go4snyper.
It's just the cost of feminized seeds that makes me worry about quality so much. Just don't want to spend $500 for seeds only for half of them to be duds. I may as well get reg seeds and deal with males.
I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and give a few a go and see for myself I think... lets just hope I choose wisely....

Thanks for the reply go4snyper.
It's just the cost of feminized seeds that makes me worry about quality so much. Just don't want to spend $500 for seeds only for half of them to be duds. I may as well get reg seeds and deal with males.
I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and give a few a go and see for myself I think... lets just hope I choose wisely....

I think we are somewhat limited to being polite and advocating for whichever of the seed banks are included as 420 sponsors. But Herbies and seedsman get very good reviews for service. Regarding the strains it takes a bunch of research. My last experience ordering a dozen strains was that I wish I had not ordered quite so many. I don't have a big grow though. It takes me time to grow out the strains I do have long enough to get good at it and I end up drooling over other new strains that I wish I had -but I don't want to make a new order quite yet. Next time I will just order about a half-dozen strains and spend many more hours researching those ones first. Having said all that, on my wish list off the top of my head is chocolate fondue and black widow from seedsman and also jack herer from Sensi seeds.

Edit- It looks like Seedsman isn't a sponsor. I thought it was. (? - it takes me a few seconds to sort through all those flashy ads). Sensi isn't. So oops. Herbies seems to be well liked though I haven't used them, or GTA but will check out what they have next order.

I'm almost definitely going with herbies cos I've heard nothing but good things especially from people down under. I'm gonna stick with sensi, dinafem, bomb and nirvana. It wont be til the next outdoor season but I'm going to do a bit of a review of what seeds I end up getting. Just so other people will have an indication of what their getting.
Just the things like How well they germinated and whether I had any hermi problems or if they looked similar etc etc
At least that way I can say... I bought 20 feminized (insert strain) and 100% popped and zero hermies and I'd recommend again sort of thing or they all sucked whichever way it goes. I'm thinking I should have started a thread titled "Whats your go to Fem strain? " Then people could have said their favourites and ehy they choose them..... Might save that for another time....

I only use fem seeds now... can not be bothered with regular seed & a roll of a dice chance for X % of female to male plants germinating or ratio of female to male plants a little random at times !

So far i've had 100% success with germination rates with fem seed, i've only used Nirvana tho...

But ye good or bad experience's ah... it is a bit of a broad question really. I like to think of it as growers own experience & knowledge or lack off to suitable conditions grown under, that may directly effect results !

Hermie ah... most of that is environmental stress & can happen to any plant.

If a got white widow strain from 3 different breeders are they all the same strain from original breeding stock which created the strain in the first place... more likely not !

As some breeders may copy a strain by cross breeding it them self's adding an extra twist here or their & just label as said strain... kind of makes there own version unique in many ways & problems.

If i had more of a choice i would only grow F1 seed stock :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom