Selective harvesting - good or bad?

doublejointed

my plant is still growing fine except for the very top bud...it seems to have run out of steam it's producing less pistals than the rest of the buds...
DSCN12522.JPG

so my question is ...can i cut off the top 4 inches of the plant without doing harm to the rest of her ? i don't have anything to look closely at the trichomes yet... do the trichomes change all at once ? like would the top bud's trichomes be different from the trichomes on the lower less developed buds ??

I think your getting a little impatiacient.looks sweet to me:) sure you can harvest a little at a time just like you pick a tomato thats red when the rest are green. and from what I can tell your trichomes look nice for a happy motivational buzz. still alittle hard to tell from here tho. also the main cola will be a little ahead of the others but not alot. the ones that would be behind would be way down low as they are not getting the light penatration that the others are.IMO I would just give her straight water and maybe some molasses for a couple more weeks pending on how long she has been in flower already. as far as looking closer at your trichs, I download pics on the computer then I can zoom in on the photos. I also went to radio shack and got a 40x-100xpower lighted microscope for 12 bucks. good luck with what ever you do:thumb:

hahaha yeah fish i am a little impatient ...but if i cut off 4" then i can move my light down and get those inner buds some more light.
i tried the zooming in on the pics but my camera is not that good and the pic just gets blurry...12 bucks for a microscope is do-able !! i'm off to radio shack!!! thanks for the 411 fish

ok try this but becarefull! if your going to top it wait. if you have a old fishing reel take a bread tie or pipe cleaner and tie it in the middle of either, or you can just tie the fishing line to the main cola. anyway after you do this crank the fishing reel just enough to start the bend. then tomarrow do it again. Im sure you have read about lst and sometimes when there getting on i life there bones get stiff. if your thinking of cutting it off anyway and you try this the worst thing that could happen is you break it off. but if you just do a little at a time she will live and you expose more of the plant to the light. help them catch up. and then you know no how I lst. got some pics in the gallery if you want to check them out:) only started my 4rth grow so I aint no expert,hell I cant even spell:goodluck:

oh yeah the got my feet wet thing is my journal. but im not sure if I made it a link. better at growin then I am at the puter:)btw very nice plant:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom