Sen. Dianne Feinstein To Chair No On Prop 19

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic former mayor of San Francisco, will co-chair the campaign to defeat Proposition 19, the marijuana legalization initiative on the ballot in November, according to a press release today.

Her co-chair will be L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca. This is a huge win for the opposition. Feinstein's already voiced opposition, but she seems to be really putting some force behind it with this move.

"California will not see a single positive result if Proposition 19 passes," said Senator Feinstein. "It is a poorly constructed initiative that will cause harm to Californians on our roadways, and in our schools, workplaces and communities. I look forward to working with Sheriff Baca to ensure we defeat Proposition 19 in November."

(Proponents believe prohibition of marijuana impinges on the rights of Californians to do as they please with a substance no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco, wastes precious law enforcement resources, and leads to racial-profiling.)

Regardless, Feinstein represents probably the key constituency supporters will need for Prop. 19 to pass: moderate Democrats who haven't smoke weed since college and are largely persuadable on this issue either way.

The partisans on the issue are already in their respective camps. The "pro" side now has two challenges: Get their staunch partisans, who probably aren't very reliable voters, to come out. And, persuade moderates, make them feel comfortable with legalization. Feinstein just made that second task harder.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: laweekly.com
Author: J. Patrick Coolican
Copyright: 2010 LA Weekly, LP
Contact: Los Angeles News, Events, Restaurants, Music LA Weekly
Website: Sen. Dianne Feinstein To Chair No On Prop 19 - Los Angeles News - The Informer

This dumb ass simple minded, old hag of a women has nothing better to do Dianne Feinstein WHO well she better bring some of her own money. I'm willing to bet she wouldn't know Cannabis if it hit her in the face. Doesn't know why it's even illegal in the first place Democrats better get their shit together this is what they have to offer. Does she have any idea how many people it could employ. These politicians never get it not even a little they find some crap to get behind and run their mouths for 15 minutes of fame because she's running for office. Is there anyone who cares what her opinion is SECOND why do we allow taxpayer money to be used to lobby against anything the voters want period.......they work for us it's people like Feinstein have no place in this argument other than as a individual. When a Governor is elected it's to do the work of the people. The police departments same thing they work for us why are they allowed to do anything other make a statement and enforce the laws that are put in place by the people. I don't like the law that was recently enacted in Arizona but it is their right to do so even if it's stupid. They have shot themselves in the foot and balls look at the population decline there lost jobs, taxes, families ruined for what. If we sit here and watch this crap and do nothing are we just as bad? Even if you don't agree with me VOTE please let's put these fools in their place...

As always I agree with the doctor. Won't do any good? How about freeing up resources to catch real criminals, a reduction in blood stained cannabis shipped from mexico, the possibility of reducing the rate of alcoholism (which would make our streets safer), getting a benign substance out of the hands of criminals, reducing the number of black youths in the system, opening the gates to hemp production, and the tax revenue. And thats off the top of my head. People like this need to realize that they've been lied to and it's up to them to correct the mistakes of those former greedy, racist, lawmakers. LET ME SMOKE MY FUCKING WEED, damn.

For sure Choji it's scary and if these crazy Racist Republican fucks get power shit we are in trouble. Not all Republicans are rasist but if your a racist your probably a republican. why is that soooo true and we just sit back and say well it ain't me. Everyone is saying wow those Tea Party guys sure are mad don't you think it's a little late ( They're just republicans who lost their money and why did they loose it greed got to make money and a lot of it on everything and it still ain't enough it was classic made so many bullshit deals they couldn't figure out what happened. They would have loved if everyone was able to move their SS to the stock market then what. Oh let's steal all of the SS for bullshit wars and then we can just do away with that welfare.....that we all pay into and if they are all poor what can they do. That's all some people have, people destroyed their bodies to make this country great working in some really shitty conditions. When a corporation makes it's treasure on the backs of the working class and then tries to steal from them and that's ok we need to take a real look at shit.

Oh yeah Lee Baca and Diane Fuckinstein get your 15 minutes because you ain't doing shit but motivating the peeps. I'm packing my shit right now so I can come cancel you vote out. Why are they wasting our money they are to pass laws and enforce them not lobby for position because they're position should be that of those who elected them.

Well you know why she's the former mayor she sucks

Bottom line stay out of this if your an elected official because the power of the Herb is great and will leave you in the dust. They don't think we can win with prop 19 at all what have they collected to fight it 20,000 shit I may have smoked that last year oops.

Im not sure her motivation is really public good & safety. Call me crazy...but I believe most of america is fed up with the useless and destructive WOD. So whats the real motive??? The WOD is big bucks upon which entire industries are built. The lobbiests are like the Jedi with their money and our lawmakers are the weak minded fools. We have to force our lawmakers to answer some very difficult questions.
The insurance industry likes MJ illegal, they forced ur employer(by rates) to agree to drug test u. Now they can deny workmans comp claims because of a positive...oh yea...dont let ur health coverage know either...
The drug testing industry likes MJ illegal
Pharma wants the monpoly on our meds
All those prison guards need a job, police, courts, attorneys....
Cotton, plastics (petroleum), paper industries all want to hold hemp down....
Oh Yea...all those tasty seisure funds
And Alcohol likes being the only legal rec drug (unless u get addictive pills from ur dr for pain)

U tell me....I really don't think she is stupid enough to believe the crap she spews....
I am really bothered by the US gov holding a patent on the process of extracting meds from MJ. Its pretty specific and almost reads as they patented the actual plant! 2003 no less under GW.
Lets ask Diane why!!

That's the deal you think they don't believe that garbage but they do to their core. These are really some stupid people seriously you could put a bowl of good weed in front of her and she wouldn't even know what it was. Some advisor or special intrest has already informed her and she knows it all now. See this is why nothing gets done everyone is so scared the big bad marijuana is gonna come get your kids.....She's a clown and we all know clowns are creepy as hell.

No offense to real circus clowns but you too!

That's the deal you think they don't believe that garbage but they do to their core. These are really some stupid people seriously you could put a bowl of good weed in front of her and she wouldn't even know what it was. Some advisor or special intrest has already informed her and she knows it all now. See this is why nothing gets done everyone is so scared the big bad marijuana is gonna come get your kids.....She's a clown and we all know clowns are creepy as hell.

No offense to real circus clowns but you too!

Depnds on the clown!
No Really....thats my point and Im not articulating myself as well as I can....
When u google "who benifits from keeping MJ illegal?" one of the top 5 from several sources is politicians. Being "tough on crime" (read: drugs) wins elections because people really fear whats happening. As long as MJ (more prolific and 60%+ of all illegal drug trade) stays illegal they have a tool to demonize drug violence. Most normal joes dont oppose MJ in particular....but DRUGS is another story. As long as MJ is linked with other DRUGS she has a club of fear to win votes. She doesnt care if she has facts or even if she knows ANYTHING...it serves her purposes and she gets press. At the same time the rich lobbies are funding her crusade to "do right". MY POINT IS SHE DOSN'T CARE KEEPING MJ ILLEGAL SERVES HER NOW...the people are just the mob.

She must face credible science with credible lobbiests that know how to pressure legislators to answer exactly why they oppose or support certain issues. This is rarely done in the office....sometimes over dinner, wine, trips , hotel suites, gifts...that's how it works. You will find most legislators are smart and know exactly what they r doing. They dont acheive office without a certain savy......or agenda!

TED STEVENS...VECO....BILL ALLEN.....

They can play stupid pretty well 2....
With all peace, this is my opinion and I could b wrong LOLOLOL
Mama appreciates a spirited debate. It's how the world solves problems & creates wonderful things.:reading420magazine:

I used to think they were crafty politicians but look at Mccain, Palin, Stevens, Bush, Cheney, now Obama (I voted for him) I could go on for ever but won't. They have handlers and staff they don't actually read shit the lawyers do. They push their agenda Rom Emanual is a fucking idiot asshole. They keep the elected officials so busy they could never make a educated decision only the agenda. Mamatrain has it right as well, but still I think the stupid goes to the core. These people don't give a shit they pride themselves on being regular dumb people how do you defeat that? Devolution anyone?:bong::bong:

And like the saying goes "how do you know when a politician is lying? his lips move" and there has been so many dumb lips moving lately it's pissing me off.

Sarah is a totally other story....of which I know more of than I want 2. Up close and personal!!
She is woefully uninformed however she knows how to please a crowd. She can talk every day joe but did u know she has made well over 10 million since abandoning us here in Alaska? She dsnt have to really know anything, just sound like it. She cares more about money than she cares about America or Alaska. Its exactly why BS floats better than truth. If she refuses to debate the science and reason she keeps her job/s.

When pressured (Katic Couric) they have to face reason or expose their lack of knowledge and open themselves to other points of view.

For sure Choji it's scary and if these crazy Racist Republican fucks get power shit we are in trouble. Not all Republicans are rasist but if your a racist your probably a republican. why is that soooo true and we just sit back and say well it ain't me. Everyone is saying wow those Tea Party guys sure are mad don't you think it's a little late ( They're just republicans who lost their money and why did they loose it greed got to make money and a lot of it on everything and it still ain't enough it was classic made so many bullshit deals they couldn't figure out what happened. They would have loved if everyone was able to move their SS to the stock market then what. Oh let's steal all of the SS for bullshit wars and then we can just do away with that welfare.....that we all pay into and if they are all poor what can they do. That's all some people have, people destroyed their bodies to make this country great working in some really shitty conditions. When a corporation makes it's treasure on the backs of the working class and then tries to steal from them and that's ok we need to take a real look at shit.

Oh yeah Lee Baca and Diane Fuckinstein get your 15 minutes because you ain't doing shit but motivating the peeps. I'm packing my shit right now so I can come cancel you vote out. Why are they wasting our money they are to pass laws and enforce them not lobby for position because they're position should be that of those who elected them.

Well you know why she's the former mayor she sucks

Bottom line stay out of this if your an elected official because the power of the Herb is great and will leave you in the dust. They don't think we can win with prop 19 at all what have they collected to fight it 20,000 shit I may have smoked that last year oops.
Swing down to southeast missouri and i will go with you and cancel out the other vote,lol.If the law passes you can bet your sweet bippy im moving to california.I will fit in just like "uncle jed clampitt".Maybe we should start a marijauna militia.Stomping to California leaving seeds,knowledge,happiness,and smoke clouds in our wake.:woohoo::bump::passitleft:

This woman needs to be beaten over the head with a bong.

Does anyone remember when the Dragon Lady was found to have a handgun in her purse while she was advocating the nationwide banning of guns?

She, like all politicians, sell their soul for a vote. If you think for one minute that she, or any other politician, gives a rats-ass about their constituents, you would be wrong.

They stick their finger in the air of public opinion and go where the wind blows for one reason, to keep their fat-asses in office on the public dole.

I used to think they were crafty politicians but look at Mccain, Palin, Stevens, Bush, Cheney, now Obama (I voted for him) I could go on for ever but won't. They have handlers and staff they don't actually read shit the lawyers do. They push their agenda Rom Emanual is a fucking idiot asshole. They keep the elected officials so busy they could never make a educated decision only the agenda. Mamatrain has it right as well, but still I think the stupid goes to the core.

These people don't give a shit they pride themselves on being regular dumb people how do you defeat that?

Education of the masses. Expose truth, vote. Repeat.

Lee Baca is a political whore that can be bought by rich socialites such as the Hilton family. Regardless, he gets re-elected time after time.

Feinstein is another political whore that votes where the money dictates as another pointed out her hypocrisy in being one of the loudest advocates of gun control while illegally possesing a gun. Again, this thing gets re-elected time after time.
:reading420magazine::grinjoint:

I agree with all your reasons why California should legalize pot. I think if it passes The US DOJ will immediately sue to get it declared un-constitutional. In this instance they have some standing. The Constitution gives the federal government the right to make treaties with foreign governments. Almost every trade agreement has provisions against the signatories allowing for the production or trade in illegal drugs. These treaties have exceptions for "medical marijuana" but only for that purpose.

The feds are turning a blind eye to medical marijuana....they will not do the same for recreational or commercial. The feds excuse med marijuana due to the provision that states can control medicine within their borders. Recreational or commercial growing or sales will trigger fed law suits and massive arrests.

They will get you in several ways: If you file income tax claiming income from commercial marijuana you will convict yourself. If you try and hide it they will get you for income tax evasion. The first time they catch an unsuspecting grower with his 25 SQ feet within 1000 feet of a school they will throw the book at him in federal court.

The only solution is to ultimately get marijuana removed from the class one narcotic list.

The only solution is to ultimately get marijuana removed from the class one narcotic list.

That's Schedule 1, but I whole-heartedly agree! Until the feds reclassify it, they hold the trump card. However, the recent change of heart by the feds in regard to mmj Vets medicating on gov't property may be the catalyst.

I agree with all your reasons why California should legalize pot. I think if it passes The US DOJ will immediately sue to get it declared un-constitutional. In this instance they have some standing. The Constitution gives the federal government the right to make treaties with foreign governments. Almost every trade agreement has provisions against the signatories allowing for the production or trade in illegal drugs. These treaties have exceptions for "medical marijuana" but only for that purpose.

The feds are turning a blind eye to medical marijuana....they will not do the same for recreational or commercial. The feds excuse med marijuana due to the provision that states can control medicine within their borders. Recreational or commercial growing or sales will trigger fed law suits and massive arrests.

They will get you in several ways: If you file income tax claiming income from commercial marijuana you will convict yourself. If you try and hide it they will get you for income tax evasion. The first time they catch an unsuspecting grower with his 25 SQ feet within 1000 feet of a school they will throw the book at him in federal court.

If that is the case first follow the book even in the illegal world there are rules. Trust me on that one and do yourself a favor don't grow by a school. If your thinking about it talk to the neighbors educate them treat them like a child see where they stand. There is ways to take care of this don't worry it's really a scare tactic. Besides you herb should be secured regardless.

Why don't the Feds bust all of the dispensaries based on your logic take their money and call it good? MMJ cannot even be mentioned in Federal court period. What's stopping them now?

Do you really think the Dem's will go against the people in Cali? I don't first off look at Mexico something has to be done. So goes California so goes the nation this will change this they can't win in court. They know it why do you think they have Gil out doing a half ass job. Trust me they need all the jobs they can get once they start to see the light things will open up.

Ahh you say what if they lose I've heard more republicans talk about it then democrats...even I hate to say the name Glen Beck wash my mouth out says legalize it and it's all over Fox.

Bottom line is they are greedy and this is money lots of it and they will want it oh yes they will want it.....muha Muha muhahahahahaahah!

Government turn down money don't think so not even on the weed not this time. They haven't yet and they will not have the power after November there's just going to be a huge stalemate over everything. Simple mathematics ok maybe fuzzy math:)

F@#%& DIANNE FEINSTEIN She Is California Senator SHE JUST OWNS A HOME HERE FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES,But She Flies To California Daily From Her Home In Colorado.Senators Should Have To Live In The Home,Not Just Own It For A California ADDRESS.TYPICAL CROOK POLITICIAN F@#% HER

Back
Top Bottom