Serious lighting question

claytonj

Can I use HPS during flowering and a six light t-5 setup for vegetative? or can i use HPS for the whole entire time? I am trying to spend as little as possible, and I was thinking of running a six light t-5 for veg and then a 600 mh. Will I get decent grow from MH too? I mean from my understanding, HPS and MH are different, and are for optimum grow. Can MH or HPS be used the whole way? thanks.

Hey Clayton, if you are gonna get only one of those lights you should get the HPS. The HPS bulb has enough of a light spectrum to veg your ladies as well as flower them, if you had a MH to veg them they would just get a little bigger and fuller. If you can only afford 1 then it should be the HPS. A 600w HPS will be fine unless your garden consists of more than 6 plants.

What are the dimensions of your grow space? how many plants? In theory you could definitly veg with the 6bulb t5 and flower with the hps and that will be quite efficient in terms of electricity. As zodiak said, you are going to want the hps for flower. You could flower with the t-5s but you will get much better results flowering with the hps.

The first question i asked you was kinda important, depending on your space, getting an hps might turn your grow room into a crockpot. :surf:

do ya have a journal up and going yet? :nomo:

I vegged with the T5 until I transplanted to 5-gallon pots then used T5 & HPS. Plan to continue with both lights to the end. You could also buy a switchable balast that will run both MH & HPS bulbs. That way you can veg with MH and flower with HPS.

It is a seven point five by seven by eight, so it is a fairly large room. I plan on four plants if possible.

you can fit more than 4 plants in there... and if your budget/ventilation allows you can throw a 1k in there.

I plan to split the room in half so i have a 3 foot ten inch by five foot space, one for flowering, one for veg, which should be good. Or I have a two by two closet. Would that be good for the veg plants? That could probably fit four plants in their.

Hello, After reading some of the posts I thought I might add mine too. I have a Quantum T5 Badboy 12 lamp fixture. Running on 240v. Cycle is on veg 16/8 at the moment. Plants are 5 weeks old, 11"-12" in height, 14"-17" in width. I have 20 plants experiencing explosive growth. I have to keep moving the light almost daily. I keep the lights about 4 inches from the plant canopy. So far I have had to add heat in the room to bring the temp and humidity up to 70 degrees, 50% humidity. I have been doing this a long time and havent seen or found anything that gives you this much bang for the buck in a longtime. My power bill last month only went up $15.00 I'll try to add photos of the room tomorrow. check my prof for updates

Have u or anyone you know used the badboy for an entire grow cycle. I have heard so many great things about it and i have the money so if it works well i will buy it.

Thare,
We have not completed our flowering phase, in fact we just started flowering again. If you had seen previous posts, some of our plants turned male when switching to 12/12. Killing 1/3 of the crop. There are many reasons this may have happened, I just cant narrow it down to an actual cause.
Now we are starting to flower again and everything seems fine so far. Im happy to report and we'll post photos later, that femalesare in the flowering stage. Room is asleep right now. no flash allowed.
So in closing, Yes we are going to go full cycle with these lights. Its happening right now.
If you'd like to see some pics of completed T5 buds, check out heavyherbs photos. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom