Lights

ripmax

ok i wanna upgrade from a 250 mh/hps system

what i want to no is what are the benifits of a 400watt hps/mh
or a 600watt,what setup would u go for.

also would u use hps for the whole growth and flower stage or mh,or would u swap from mh to hps when flowering,cheers help wanted

hey question. a 600 watt hps system is capable of flowering how many plants? i found a website to buy one from for only $270. Loading... any one ever heard of this before or used it?.

looks pritty good to me mate,thats what i have atm just a 250watt.ill be getting a 400 or 600 soon

hey question. a 600 watt hps system is capable of flowering how many plants? i found a website to buy one from for only $270. Loading... any one ever heard of this before or used it?.

a 600 watt hps light is said to be able to cover a 6'X6' area. I think that's a little high. I would figure on 5'X5' for better results. As far as how many plants, you would have to consider how big your gonna let your plants get. I keep my plants short due to height restrictions. So I grow SOG. I could get 30+ plants in there easily. For a "normal" grower without height restrictions I would say you could get about 6-9 plants.

As far as that light you linked. You won't be able to vent that hood. Keep in mind that a 600 watt light will get very hot. Your gonna need to be able to vent the heat especially during the summertime. I also suggest getting an electronic ballast. They are more effecient.

well how many fans you reckon you would need to vent that beast in a 3x3 wide and 8 foot ceilin? and thanks or the plant number stix!

At least 2 4" with good squirrels on them, one high,with a cannister on it. One low for intake. Unless noise is no issue :)

lol boss, im sorry i dont follow.:rofl: are you saying one high and one low for like circulation? or am i reading too much into it? hahaha because i dont see where the squirrel fits in to the equation:scratchinghead: let alone the cannister.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I would agree with boss. I would keep your exhaust fan at about 100 cfm and your intake around 80. Just make sure your intake fan is not stronger then your exhaust. If you had more air blowing into your room then was exhausted your house would begin to stink. And we don't want that.

72 CFM would replace the air in your room every minute.

If price was an issue, you could probally use regular bathfans that you can buy at lowes or Home Depot. The smallest bathfans available are 50 cfm on up to about 130. I'm pretty sure they sell 110 CFM fans there as well. A bathfan would work fine for the intake, but keep in mind about your exhaust. If you plant on running a duct to vent to the outside of your house then a bathfan wouldnt' work. You would need an inline fan. That way you can have your can filter which connects to your light with flex duct. then a flex duct from the other side of your light to your fan then a flext duct from the fan to possibly a dryer vent mounted on the side of your house.

jesus chrsit. lol thats sounds like a buit a of work.thansk stix and boss. thats deffinitatley appriciated help, you dont think two reg house fans could do the job? if i were able to somehow get them into grooves on the panel for the door?only cause theyre free to me. lol i have to ask man.lol

hmmm sounds niice.i was reading bout canned air filtration that work for three months. any one hear abotu these productsn? dont remember the name but it says it eliminates odors. would that work better than a carbon filter?

lol cool ve never had experience. lol last i think thatsthe reaso n igot caught last tiem .lol someon seemlt somethign odd in the house.lol

hahaha damn thats genius.lol haha well i spent like maybe lets see... 9 76 foir a light bulb and that was it..hahalol that was my grow budget but thanks. i'm getting reat ideas for my next adventure.

Back
Top Bottom