Serious Q: 400MH w 600 HPS for flowering Or

Darkshade1980

should i utilize the 600 HPS with another 400 HPS? .... i wanted to know anyones suggestions theories, ideas, or actual history in using two lights both being HPS and not the mixture of a MH and a HPS..... please let me know what you all think or whoeva reads this thread. thank you very much, and im currently in the middle of the second week of flowering and id rather not have a weak yeild than a dense tight full one. thanx again to whoever answers.

Re: SERIOUS Q: 400MH w 600 HPS for flowering OR....

hi darkshade am still learning all the wonderfull information on cannabis and how to grow it but isnt hps for flowering and how many plants are you growing the 600 hps might be enough for the scale of your grow you probly know all off this allready am running a 400w hps and a 250 cfl in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m grow tent with 5 plants in there also do you have mh bulb for veg hope this helps you on your decision best of luck my freind

I'm new here and there are people here that can answer that question better, but my understanding is that the more wattage you use the higher yield you get back (plant genetics are the biggest factor in yield, I believe). I'm thinking of the same thing myself. I'm using a 250w HPS in one closet and a 250w CFL in a tent. The CFL doesn't yield as much and I'm thinking of putting 2 150w HPS's in with the 250w HPS and getting rid of the CFL and tent altogether in the future. I will have to increase the size of the fan I am using for heat control. Good luck with your grow!

Yes its true, the more WATTs the better outcome at the end. although using a mix-Spectrum in other words having alot of the entire spectrum meaning the REd and blue and everything inbetween helps alot or the most (i heard) but previously ive laways utilized HPS for flowering, ans YES AK4 mostly all HPS is used for growing flowers/flowering budz. the orange colored lights (HPS) is on the RED spectrum. and the MHalide is on the Blue spectrum level. actually if you go to buy a new buld/growlight youll notice on most or the high quality bulbs that the package shows on the side somewhere the light spectrum of colors...and where thier product fits into that spectrum...therefore showing you the best bulb or that thier bulb is the best one to use for flowering. HPS makes plants grow thick and dense (and supposedly a good root structure in width) and the Metal Halide (blue) makes plants grow long and make a good amount of length and structure of the entire bush/plant throughout. thats why so many in the beginning of Vegging utilize blue /metal halide. anyhow .... i had asked cuz i dont wanna miss out on having thicker buds since im using a mixture of lighting sources.

i have a 400 HPS standing by.... if i had it MY way id just throw in the extra 400HPS with the two ive been talking about the 600 HPS and the 400 MH.... but i dont have another fixture or hydrofarm enclosed fixture. :( ...... so im SOL with having a three fixture setup..... so i must choose and make a hardcore decision. i have 11 female momma plants... X5 THC bomb. X4 Berry Bomb... 1 Strawberry cough X Sour Diesel, and one Dina fem Blue widow..... all flowering and all nice n dense and trained where their branches are pulled n tied down correctly to give maximum light and make maximum buds/colas. "Supercropping" as some call it... where you snap and twist and pinch the stalks/branches constantly almost every other day to make them grow thicker/meaner and stronger for holding up heavy ass buds and make them produce huger buds in the long run. thanks for your ideas/suggestions.... i still havnt made a decision yet, when the lights come on at 11 AM ill either do it the (change the MH400 to a HPS400) or wait to see if i get another recommendation.

Darky darkerson... Sup my man... Hey man I mixed spectrums in my last batch and they harmed so I don't recommend that.... I would stick with the 2 hps bulbs...your lucky to have both setups....as long as your grow is big enough not to burn them or and ventilated enough not to burn down your house....hehe...then your safe.....(no blue when your almost through)......:peace:

yeah my room is 75 degrees and the inside room air is vented outside. the heat in the fixtures are enclosed and dont contaminate or heat up the room, its in the basement so no effects of outside humidity nor outside temp. hurts it.

thanx agaiin! : ) hmmmm i think ill switch out the 400 MH...i had tohught the MH in conjunction with the HPS600 would be better but after looking through all the left over and extra extra bulbs n ballasts n all i had left...i was thinking HARD about switching i think im gonna go down n do that like 20 minutes before or 10 even to switch it out...i think the best way to do a non-invasive switch of lighting is to unplug the one im gonna switch and let the 600HPS come on naturally...then just switch it out and then plug the switched new 400 HPS in...i think the room will DEFINITLY get a few degrees hotter since the blue will be gone ya know? lol... definitly!... so at least now ill be with 1000 HPS all together.... just the 400 MH and the mix with 600 HPS looked and "felt" right.... then again with all "situations" theres usually a better way/method.

i was thinking on throwing the 400 MH in the vegg room for the clones thatd be MUCh better than having my double T12 4 foot fixture over top the little ones lol!.... now i just need to find another fixture... enclosed one at that.

i used to own 4 Hydrofarms... all enclosed.. and lent out or let a good friend borrow 3 :) lol! i know i know... wrong idea... anyhow a friend of his took them.. (of course) never seen nor heard from again. ... thats a good 400+ dollars down the drain for investing in fixtures.... im just lucky enough that my family owns an electrical supply company lol... i would usually sit around during work hours when i was younger and build ballasts for growers and myself ;) ..... kinda cool when you have an actual 180 something old warehouse with tons of OLD new and unused ballasts on shelves of all makes n models ... mostly advanced systems i had..but i found alotta multi-taps too!... and id just take out the guts of a certain ballast i liked the look of and put in a 1000 W HPS or whatnot and tap it for 120V :) ahhhh those days were fun. not being affraid of electricity and knowing how to manipulate it is a plus/must. i have no webcam well not one that would reach down stairs. but i think im gonna bring up the super cropped berry bomb #2 , promised Herbfarma i would.... so youll possibly see a shitty pic of a great lookin plant later on in the day. have a good one dude! .... (and yeah i have negative pressure for the room..... just need to find a way to have an air vent/duct going into the room..cuz i gotta leave the main door opened for air or cool NEW air to come in.... the entire room is covered in 4 mil or better plastic sheeting... and i have 6 mil black n white plastic as well separating the vegg room and flowering room.

Hey man I mixed spectrums in my last batch and they harmed so I don't recommend that....

What kind of harm do you think that the mixed spectrum caused???

I have been mixing the spectrum of my flowering room for years and never had a problem that I could blame on the lights..

mmm i didnt mention that i had a problem with a mixed spec.....i believe cannavince did or someone... .scroll up and find out... anyhow ive had luck and good results with it before but not on this type of level ( large amount of Wattage) before.... so thats why i inquired about mixing or having both of em being HPS....

Irie sup my man.. Both times I mixed my veg cfls into the bloombox my girls went hermie...that's all... I've gotten much better results with all red specs....much better....I keep my MH and cfls for veg only now...unless they are red 250's.....

Guys I'm sorry my autocorrect.....I didn't harm them it hermied them...I've tried it twice and I regret both times adding both bulbs....just saying...:ciao:

i honestly think vince that it was just a cooincidence that you had herms when using or turning on the mix spectrum. then again ive heard crazier stories.

i tried turning on/ replacing the MH with the 400 hps and it sparked up but didnt fully ignite... i know ive tried it before on another circuit or in another room , therefore i definitly think the one power strip cannot have enough current for turning on a total of 100 W HPS' at the same time or at least a 400 and a 600. i recall the 400 MH with the 600 HPS had trouble lighting.... so i had to unplug the 400MH from the double socketed timer and then plug one power strip into the timer.. utilizing only one plug on it...then plug in the two lights on the power strip. and for some reason they both light up instantly... but in the case of when i switched the MH400 out with the 400 HPS.... the 400 HPS did not light up fully only a tiny lightning bolt within the ignition thingie inside the lamp was twitchin..... so i re-replaced it again.... now im stuck with a 400 MH and a 600 HPS setup even if i wanna switch i cant...unless i get a fuckin long ass extension cord and do it that way.... three timers is tough to coordinate! : )

im sure thats the problem. i just dont feel like messin with throwing anotha plug into anotha socket as of today ill let it go on with the 400 MH and the 600 HPS for today and change or attempt to change it tomorrow. AGAIN

Back
Top Bottom