setting up for my first outdoors

newsisnoise

evening (morning) all. i'm here to ask some questions and get some ideas. i've got 9 ICE cuttings that are rooting as you read this. the idea is to locate these plants at water sources at a great distance from where i live. i'm talking 100-200km (60-120 miles). this means that they are to need very little attention. maybe 3-4 visits over the course of the grow. i know this seems almost negligent, but the idea is to develop a system which i can set these girls out and they'll essentially grow by themselves. me and my partner have discussed this long and hard and i've come up with this...

untitled58.jpg

the hole is 4' deep and 3' wide. the idea behind this is that as the plant grows, it reaches the nutrients that it needs, when it needs them. the soil itself will be very light and allow drainage, while still holding plenty of moisture.

now, the questions... ;)

first off. am i totally out to lunch with this idea? anyone think it might work? won't work? will work?

do you agree/disagree with my medium choices. *note: i cannot get foxfarms soil around here. no one carries it. and i'm not mail ordering soil*

im thinking of using worm casings, bone meal, sugar (raw or molasses), perhaps innoculants (enzymes). has anyone used phosphate rock?

~~~~~

the plan when it comes to plant is this. wait until early-mid may, then take the well rooted clones out to their spots. from my experience indoors with ICE, i figure the plants to be about 10-16" tall. they will be in 2/3gal pots for veg. when they are taken out to their locations, they will planted into the top of the mound (see diagram). upon planting, the mound and any visible dirt will be covered with leaves, long grasses, sticks, etc to camoflage the bare earth.

i guess i should clarify a little. the colored lines refer to the 6" above that particular line. i.e. it's mixed in. i hope everyone can read that.

thanks for your time.

Sounds like it would work. I have never used phosphate rock. the issue you might have is too much phosphate at harvest. Now as for using sugar or molasses, this might attract unwanted pest. Bone meal needs time to decompose and you might want to concider a fence of some kind to keep animals from eatting your plants.
other wise it should work.. Good luck

i was thinking of using the fishing line trick, coupled with soap and dog hair to deter animals. instead of bone meal, would blood meal be better? i kind of wanted to avoid it cause it will attract predators who will most likely dig at the roots to get the "meat".

Back
Top Bottom