Using a super soil in the ground?

pointer80

Hello all, I am copying Coot's recipe and I plan on digging a planting hole in my garden and then filling the holes with this soil mix. My plant's are in 5 gallon buckets right now so I will be digging a hole big enough to accommodate the 5 gallon root ball and about 15 gallons of soil mix (2 cubic feet worth). Will this work or should I put maybe a liner in the hole first with some drainage holes cut into it? Any input or ideas welcomed. Thanks all.

Hello all, I am copying Coot's recipe and I plan on digging a planting hole in my garden and then filling the holes with this soil mix. My plant's are in 5 gallon buckets right now so I will be digging a hole big enough to accommodate the 5 gallon root ball and about 15 gallons of soil mix (2 cubic feet worth). Will this work or should I put maybe a liner in the hole first with some drainage holes cut into it? Any input or ideas welcomed. Thanks all.
Should work fine...wouldn't line it because the roots may want to stretch...

Yeah out doors - no need to line with plastic. I would hazard to guess what that stuff breaks down to. It will it a Coots recipe.

I've left trowels in my coots mix and they fell apart in short order.

Now use the stainless steel bits as scoops.
I now have many scoops that were once trowels.

COOTS for the win. lol

Back
Top Bottom