Setup plans (Please Help on light)

MitchConnor

I plan to be moving out in the next week and want to get my next grow up and going asap. I need help choosing a light. I want to grow 5-8 plants at a time.

Growlab GL80- 2.7x2.7x5.11
3 gal hempy buckets with perlite
Auto Assassin autoflower seeds
Fox farm nutes

Should I get a 500w Blackstar led or a 400w hps with an open air reflector and 6in inline fan with carbon filter?

hi mitch am on ma first grow and am growing 5 plants in a grow room the sizes are 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m and am using a 250cfl and a 400w hps if your in the uk then u want to stay away from hps it cost a bomb to run a have never used a led nor no any one whitch has but theres sum grows on here who use it and it gives off sum light ad look at the price difference first though m8 :goodluck:

Thanks. I live in the USA. I was also thinking about a 250w HPS instead of a 400w. I can then get a smaller fan and since I only plan to grow autos, for a while, I think the 400w might be overkill considering these plants are tiny and will probably yield not much over an oz anyways.

a was running a 250hps when ma plants were seeds and it didnt give off much light but when a swiched to 400 there was quite a differnce in the growth of the plants aswell as being alot more light have you got a ballast maybe get a 250 for the start them ger a 400 for when they mature a bit more a dont know about prices in america but on ebay a 400 only cost 15 pound with delivery m8 ;)

My recommendation is a 400W Diamond Series from Advanced LEDs (a sponsor on the site). That light will be a good starting point for the space, another option would be to pick up 2 of their 300w lights and that would be more than enough light for your grow. I have a few journals covering their use.

Best of luck on your choice.

Thanks for your help Steve. I like the looks of the 300w diamond series. Only led company with actual info. I like the warranty too. I think I'm going to go with just one for now. Be looking for the grow man.

Back
Top Bottom