Several Pix, Whats wrong with plants? (flowering)

You have got a Salt Built Up. What you've got to do is periodic flush and stop feeding. Change the whole water.
I'm not a hydro expert actualy i'm use to grow in soil but i almost 100% sure that this is excess of feed accumulating.
Best Regards

there's nothing wrong with letting your roots sit in water all day...AS LONG AS...you have enough dissolved oxygen in the water ... which is the purpose of the air stones (and hydrogen peroxide for good measure) - you seem to have this part taken care of now.

Here's a good guideline of when to flush...(based on my research on this forum and personal experience)

- at least twice a week just as "routine maintenance" for the salt build up...(i like to do this every week for good measure).

- anytime you start to see problems (nute burn or deficiency) because 9 times out of 10, in hydro, its due to a pH induced lockout. Lockout in certain nutrients can cause toxicity in others...its really hard to determine the true root cause so its always best to flush and start over cautiously.

- anytime the you think the pH has been out of whack for an extended period of time...not really too much of an issue if you flush every week as a routine. For example, if I have to go out of town, and the pH is >6.2 when I come back, I will flush immediately. I try and keep the pH between 5.3 and 6.0 at all times...but sometimes its unavoidable.

- between the transition from veg to bloom nutes.

If I were you I would...

1. stop everything and scrub that tank and all equipment down.
2. flush the roots for 24hrs. (just fill the res. up with R/O water from grocery store that has been pH'd to 5.9ish and run your pumps).
3. reintroduce nutes + hydrogen peroxide
4. maintain reservoir temp < 80 degrees F and a pH range of 5.3-6.0
5. monitor new growth...those problem leaves are not going to turn pretty and green again and you will just need to make peace with that.

Here's a good guideline of when to flush...(based on my research on this forum and personal experience)
- at least twice a week just as "routine maintenance" for the salt build up...(i like to do this every week for good measure).
Twice a week seems a bit excessive, however I'm accustomed to soil grows. I just learned to flush correctly. Y do u do this so often? Where did u learn this practice?

2. flush the roots for 24hrs. (just fill the res. up with R/O water from grocery store that has been pH'd to 5.9ish
Most water that's like $.35-.50 a gal at the grocery store is just filtered (sediment/chlorine) like Pur, Brita, and the majority of bottled water. RO systems waste water. Do u really think someone's gonna pay to loose water they could be selling just for our benefit? Not in America, think about it. RO systems waste water in order to purify/strip a certain amount to be used.

:peace:

Looks like you're using a DWC setup, right. If so the roots are not supposed to dry. Where, exactly, has your ph been running? Those roots appear to be very brown in the back. This may be a trick of the lighting, but if they are, you've got some sick roots. Algea can cause terrible nuteburn, along with wildy fluctuating ph levels. Algeacide won't hurt, but it may very well help. The actual plants in the pictures display a multitude of symptoms, and this makes me think you have algea , along with a variety of different lockout issues. Give them a 3 day flush with pure R/O water, then ease back into your nute program over the next 10 days or so. You're going to lose some yield on this grow, but it'll still be a good one. Also, those bubbles look a little big...next time get stones that make the smallest bubbles you can get. You may very well have a dissolved o2 problem as well. Read this Stratification - A Must Read For All Hydro Growers.

Back
Top Bottom